Corsair Community

Question about airbubbles.

I got 2 airbubbles or airgaps in my hydrox loop:

https://streamable.com/96gy4

https://streamable.com/gbb9p

Filmed with phone so might be **** quality

Im guessing this makes the water circulate slower or does it keep the same speed so it wouldnt affect performance?

Would like to know this as im not so comfy with starting the system up completly whit air in the loop and would also be nice to know if there is a easy way to get the air out.

from time of writing the pump has been on for 12 hours straight

The micro air bubbles are pretty much unavoidable. Those may take weeks to slowly dissolve. As for anything large that might actually pose an obstruction, when you power on with the jumper that pump should come on full blast right now. That should dislodge anything that is actually an impediment. Once you are done leak testings and are finally up and running, you will be able to use iCUE to control the pump. Drop it to 1000 rpm. Wait 5 seconds. Set it 4000 rpm. Whoosh. Let it run for 30 seconds and repeat. You won't get them all, but anything in the way should get pushed aside by the pressure change.

The micro air bubbles are pretty much unavoidable. Those may take weeks to slowly dissolve. As for anything large that might actually pose an obstruction, when you power on with the jumper that pump should come on full blast right now. That should dislodge anything that is actually an impediment. Once you are done leak testings and are finally up and running, you will be able to use iCUE to control the pump. Drop it to 1000 rpm. Wait 5 seconds. Set it 4000 rpm. Whoosh. Let it run for 30 seconds and repeat. You won't get them all, but anything in the way should get pushed aside by the pressure change.

Okey thanks i will do this and the pump has been running for over 13 hours so i guess its fine then and i will install windoes and so on it and try that with ICUE.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you’re referring to the big (1 inch?) air gap in the video?

I think that that’s due to the length of the drop - you have a long drop to your res and given how much fluid is in the system, the pump appears to be pumping liquid in slower than gravity can drop it.

Not sure if a higher pump speed will help. Adding more liquid to fill the loop would help, but you probably need another fill port located higher in your loop because I’m guessing that when you turn off your system, the liquid in the vertical drop likely fills the res up so you can’t add more.

It’s also possible, it’s just an air bubble and not feed related. If that’s the case just give it time and these things usually clear up on their own.

Just my guess!

--

Edit: So I just watched the video again - a higher flow rate may help it disappear faster. It's been 3-4 weeks since I built my last loop and I still have some air in the system - a lot less than before though, just a slow process.

Edited by eisenb11

Look at your graphic card blocks and see if the flow indicator in them are spinning.

This really looks like a pump flow issue. The pump should be able to flow .5 - 1.0 GPM in your system depending on total system restriction and even at .5 GPM that would be enough pressure to keep that size of a air bubble/gap in your return to the res.

The pump should be pulling enough fluid at the bottom of the res for this to not be happening (the air bubbles would be pulled into the res and possibly back into the pump intake at the bottom of the res before floating to the top of the res).