Corsair Community

H100i 48C temps on idle too high?

borsalino

H100i pro; pump temp is 42.90C, PUMP RPM is 1170 and the radiator fan is 1770RPM. I also have a normal chassis fan on the case.

The good news is that it hardly budges from this temp while loaded.

I will say that I only have one radiator fan installed.

My system specs are in my profile.

Everything else seems fine, video card doesn't go beyond 75C while gaming. HD hovers around 50, mobo around 40.

I've seen people idling at temps quite lower than this. If it matters it is about 7.2C outside these days if not a bit higher. But my room is usually quite hotter than that.

Am I overthinking this or should I try reseating and reapplying thermal paste? I popped the cooler right on as it was with the stock thermal paste but I have more coming tomorrow.

Finally how do I increase my pump speed? iCUE only highlights "Fan #1" and 2.

Edited by borsalino

Click “balanced” on the left, then click on the pump speed on the right. They should both highlight yellow. That will bump the pump up to 2160, where you should leave it.

You are not going to be able to get away with using the Quiet 1100 rpm pump speed in your configuration. It’s a bit iffy for load on the H150i. You have half the surface area and 1/3 the fans. That’s one too many concessions.

Click “balanced” on the left, then click on the pump speed on the right. They should both highlight yellow. That will bump the pump up to 2160, where you should leave it.

You are not going to be able to get away with using the Quiet 1100 rpm pump speed in your configuration. It’s a bit iffy for load on the H150i. You have half the surface area and 1/3 the fans. That’s one too many concessions.

This seems to have helped. My idle temp is about 10 degrees lower (high 30s low 40s) now. Idk how ideal this is. thanks

There is no problem with idle at 40C or that coolant has reached this level. The problem is coolant is minimum cpu temp and thus you are starting at a 10-15C penalty. This may only matter shen running full load or attempts at higher overclocks.