Corsair Community

K95- No "Indicator" Setting for Mute?

grimlock

I am going through the setting on my new profiles with my K95s, and I find it odd that there is no "Indicator" setting in CUE for the mute button. I would like to be able to toggle the color based on when mute is on or off like I can do with the Windows Lock. Why is this option not there, and is there a work around?

The workaround I use is to make a solid light that "starts on keypress" and "ends on keypress"

I have a picture of what I'm talking about, but I'm not home. I'll update this later tonight with the picture if you don't figure it out by then.

It's not an indicatior (mute indicator is not a feature. It may or may not be added later on as many people suggest it) but it works the same as long as you don't use other keys to mute and stay in the same profile. I use this method in a few of my profiles and it is generally satisfying, but not as satisfying as a true indicatior would be.

The workaround I use is to make a solid light that "starts on keypress" and "ends on keypress"

I have a picture of what I'm talking about, but I'm not home. I'll update this later tonight with the picture if you don't figure it out by then.

It's not an indicatior (mute indicator is not a feature. It may or may not be added later on as many people suggest it) but it works the same as long as you don't use other keys to mute and stay in the same profile. I use this method in a few of my profiles and it is generally satisfying, but not as satisfying as a true indicatior would be.

I think I have it mostly figured out...or I'm close. I've got the color working as an overlay. So I can start with the key as white, and then when mute is pressed it will put red as an overlay. Meaning red and white are going at the same time, making a pink color if mute is pressed. I am going to fiddle around and see if I can do a 100% color switch someway.

It seems the most elegant solution I can find is to have the mute button default to no light (black) and then display a color when toggled. It would be neat if there is a way to toggle between two pure colors (like green/red), but I can't figure out how to do it.

Okay, so this is what I did and I can get a key to toggle between white and red each time I press it.

Steps:

1. Create a new profile
  2. Select the Mute Key
  3. Using the Color Selector in the bottom left, set the background color of the mute key to white
  4. Right click the mute key and "Assign new lighting"
  5. Copy what you see in the attached picture to your lighting editor. Make sure you check "Start On key press" and "End On key press"
  6. Click OK and test the light. It should toggle between white and red (or whatever other two colors you chose) It should not mix the lights

For reference:

http://i.imgur.com/gYJOELs.png

Okay, so this is what I did and I can get a key to toggle between white and red each time I press it.

Steps:

1. Create a new profile
  2. Select the Mute Key
  3. Using the Color Selector in the bottom left, set the background color of the mute key to white
  4. Right click the mute key and "Assign new lighting"
  5. Copy what you see in the attached picture to your lighting editor. Make sure you check "Start On key press" and "End On key press"
  6. Click OK and test the light. It should toggle between white and red (or whatever other two colors you chose) It should not mix the lights

For reference:

http://i.imgur.com/gYJOELs.png

Cool, I didn't figure out how to pull the intensity upwards. Thanks!

Archived