Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 - Loopback HW ?

MoMotte

Hi,

i've just received my Vengeance 2000 and i noticed i can hear what goes through the mic.

Please don't tell me to uncheck "Listen to this device" in Windows sound settings, i've already checked that. This happens when the headset is wirelessly connected to usb stick even if i mute the headset in windows. That's why i'm asking you : is there a way to disable what looks like an HW audio loopback ?

Thanks

In the meantime i've attempted a clean driver reinstall (rm driver, reboot, install driver, reboot) without success.

Feels like the piece of software within the headset is a bit messed up : /

Is there a way to reset/reflash the headset through USB link ?

• Corsair Employees

I spoke with our Audio engineer. If I'm understanding you correctly on what you are experiencing than this is normal. With a wireless headset the mic loop back will always be on. It is unlike a wired USB or analog headset where in Windows you can turn it off an on (you can turn it on with the 2000). What we did was fine tune it that at low level in which the loop back should not distract you or hear yourself above your normal speech of what your ears hear. I also was wondering about this because when I grab the microphone and pull it to my mouth, or blow on the microphone I hear a slight noise through the drivers.

When you put the boom all the way upright it will disable the microphone, and loop back.

Okay ... sorry but this is clearly wrong. You gotta fix that.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean :

With a wireless headset the mic loop back will always be on.

I own a cheap wireless headset which does not let me hear that kind of loopback. It also has various drawbacks but not that one.

I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one to complain about this.

This needs to be implemented as an optional feature in a future driver release.

To support the request, I'll detail my use-case.

I'm playing a game with some friends using Teamspeak. I usually use Voice Activation for Teamspeak.

I can easily tune the threshold for voice detection in Teampseak according to my voice and audio environment (wind, neighbours, dishwasher, ...).

Sometimes, i can hear myself breath in the mic. It doesn't trigger VoiceActivation so my friends don't hear it. Which is cool, since they don't need to. The mic "hears" it. Fine by me. But I definitely don't need to hear that.

What we did was fine tune it that at low level in which the loop back "should" not distract you or hear yourself above your normal speech of what your ears hear.

Well, even if I do hear my own voice through the mic, my playback voice is in sync and pretty low volume so it is indeed not really distracting. But still, i don't need to hear it.

I'm not raging against you (or anyone else) but I don't get it. Since I have a proof that it's not technically impossible to make a headset without HW audio loopback, I'm wondering what's the reason behind this ?

For that kind of price, I would've expected a few more options : /

Do you by any chance have a creative or third party sound card? I have had this same issue and found that the X-fi crystalizer if set to high levels will cause me to hear myself through the mic.

Or the setting "Mic environment FX". If that is on at all i get the same.

I have a pair on right now that I'm reviewing, and I can say that it's more than likely because if they didn't have loopback where you could hear yourself talking then you would probably end up yelling.

I personally like it, as the vengeance 1300's I reviewed a couple month back didn't have that feature and I was told by other family in the house that I was rather loud, and it was because I wasn't able to tell how loudly I was talking with the headphones on my head.

Odd... Sounds to me like OP's headset had a problem with it's loopback honestly. My set has the loopback, but It's so quiet I can't even tell it's there unless I move the mic directly in front of my mouth and blow into it, or rub my finger across it. I actually wish I could turn it up a bit more. =\

Hearing yourself breathing is so god damn annoying.. It might just make me return it to the store :|. When I talk a bit louder I start hearing myself distorted ._..

I can't hear myself breathe at all. Perhaps an exchange is in line?

I can't hear myself breathe at all. Perhaps an exchange is in line?

I can hear myself breathing sometimes, but I moved the mic the furthest down I possibly could so it dissipated a bit but the distortion remains whenever I talk a bit louder :|.

RAM GUY, maybe the mic loopback volume varies on each headset. Could be the reason why some people don't hear it (like me). The Logitech G930's control panel had an option where you could adjust the volume of the mic loopback,

under the name "sidetone". Could this similar feature be implemented in the Corsair Vengeance 2000's control panel? I think it would help the people who are having problems hearing themselves (breathing too) even though the mic is

1-2 inches away from their mouth.

RAM GUY, maybe the mic loopback volume varies on each headset. Could be the reason why some people don't hear it (like me). The Logitech G930's control panel had an option where you could adjust the volume of the mic loopback,

under the name "sidetone". Could this similar feature be implemented in the Corsair Vengeance 2000's control panel? I think it would help the people who are having problems hearing themselves (breathing too) even though the mic is

1-2 inches away from their mouth.

That would be a good idea imo, because then people like me, who like a little more loopback could also adjust theirs higher. Honestly I don't understand why the v2k is so limited in it's software as it is... Why does it have fewer features than the 1500 even?

Hello,

I have the same issue of loopback and an additionnal background noise whenever the mic is in the down position (active). How to disable that loopback thing ?

I also had another wireless headset and had no loopback.

• 3 months later...

The first time I put these on I was like great now I have to find out how to turn this **** off (yesterday) After about 2 hours I checked these forums and well, I was extremely annoyed to find out the loop-back was built in (at the time)

Here's the thing, they need to put a notice on the packaging that says "DO NOT PUT MIC NEAR MOUTH" lol, Seriously if you leave the mic straight and pull it to it's lowest position you actually sound clearer and can't hear yourself breath., sure if you have a cold you will hear every sniffle but the faint loop-back you hear of your voice is just so you don't yell at people, because of the nature of the noise canceling in the ear piece, and the delay is so low you hear yourself as you speak, you stop noticing it after 20 minutes.

I was on skype wile playing with them and when I straitened the mic the 3 people I was talking to all immediately noticed, I didn't change volume, I got clearer, they could hear me better...

• 1 month later...
The Logitech G930's control panel had an option where you could adjust the volume of the mic loopback,

Can I mute the loopback on the G930's? Thinking about getting an exchange for them if that's the case.

Is there a way to bypass the auto mute feature when the microphone is moved up? If that was disabled I could just leave it up there and not get this horrid loop back. Currently I have it stuck in my eye to avoid it but I can't get it any higher without muting myself competely.

• 4 months later...
Could we please get a fix for this, I know this is a dead thread but i just got a vengeance 2000 headset and found that the loop back was always on. I hate hearing static and as long as loop back i hear a very bassy static with it sometimes sounding like I've turned the speakers up too loud when nothing is playing (i run it at 7% volume because its a loud headset) The fact that this "feature" was never announced anywhere on the box or on the website is terrible. Some people like the loop back that's fine but for most its a terrible design and should ALWAYS be optional. No one wants to hear static when nothing is playing even more so when something IS playing (and yes when I play music or am gaming and my mic is down i hear static over EVERYTHING)

Archived