Corsair Community

Scimitar RGB - left click seems slower

matt_bg

Hi folks, i spent last few days testing my reflex with aimbooster.

I usually score average of ~215ms reaction times with my old Steelseries Cataclysm Mouse.

With my new Scimitar RGB i noticed that my average dropped to ~260ms. Initially i blamed my physical form, after zero improvements in 2 days i decided to try my old mouse and a even older logitech g9 and my performance was back agaion around ~215ms with both of them.

I suspect this might be a software problem that it delays my clicks, i suppose it's not hardware since the click buttons are mechanic.

Someone did some similar test and can confirm this, or it's a known issue and i have to set something particular in the Utility Engine (or it's all in my mind...)?

To be honest I don't think this will cause you any problems in games I used this mouse and Logitech mouse and they both are the same. I don't think 045ms will impact your performance in game

Average human reaction time is 265ms - 276ms. So I guess it still falls under that.

Plus fps mouse are designe for a fast pace game and have a shorter travel time of the switch. With MMO games you don't really need that shorter travel time since it's much slower pace

• 2 weeks later...
To be honest I don't think this will cause you any problems in games I used this mouse and Logitech mouse and they both are the same. I don't think 045ms will impact your performance in game

Average human reaction time is 265ms - 276ms. So I guess it still falls under that.

Plus fps mouse are designe for a fast pace game and have a shorter travel time of the switch. With MMO games you don't really need that shorter travel time since it's much slower pace

Thanks for the answer but i don't agree with it, because in pvp for both fps or mmo, latency is the key. If my mouse gives me a delay of ~50ms, it's like my ping it's increased by that much. When i play both fps and mmo and my ping (for some external reason) is increased, i feel trapped.

Example: My average ping is 40-50ms on big ET servers, sometimes i play custom games in unofficial servers and if i choose servers with ~60ms ping it's ok, but servers with 90-100ms are really bad, i hardly hit moving targets. And with this mouse basically it' like playing with that much ping always.

In a frenetic & reflex game like Overwatch this is a huge disvantage.

Archived