Corsair Community

im about done with corsair coolers

Xnitro67

this is my second cooler that turned into an issue. i have the h100i the led has randomly stopped working and it doesnt even come on when it first boots. rpms are at 900ish butcpu is somehow at 25c ish. so im believing it is still working just being very odd.

Update: found out its my mobo fan but the corsair cpu readings is 0 but temps are fine also both fan connections on the water block are crap

• Corsair Employee

Honestly I'm not surprised you're having readout issues on an AMD processor. When I've tested FX CPUs I've had similar problems.

Part of the problem is that Link averages the per-core temperatures instead of just using the CPU temperature readout; this is more accurate for the Intel processors that make up the majority of the market, but AMD core temps are always about 10C lower than the actual CPU temp.

Honestly I'm not surprised you're having readout issues on an AMD processor. When I've tested FX CPUs I've had similar problems.

Part of the problem is that Link averages the per-core temperatures instead of just using the CPU temperature readout; this is more accurate for the Intel processors that make up the majority of the market, but AMD core temps are always about 10C lower than the actual CPU temp.

this is an amazingly goofy answer.

just because you had a problem doesn't mean that all people using AMD cpus have problems. and never forget that it's your company to blame for not reading the "proper" temp. your excuse of "part of the problem....." is (please, excuse me) lame. if your company cannot support anything else except one cpu manufacturer, you should clearly state it on the product package and not try to capture more market share without properly supporting it.

of course, IF you ever cared for customers, this "part of the problem..." should have been solved.

but no. instead, we wait for you to release a new version that should solve problems and issues and the only thing that gets released is a "newer" version with not only support added for 1 more device but also 3 new known issues added without even solving any previous.

so, let's see where the problem is..

"Part of the problem is that Link averages the per-core temperatures instead of just using the CPU temperature readout" which translates to "we are totally unable to make a simple change on the temp readout"

"this is more accurate for the Intel processors that make up the majority of the market, but AMD core temps are always about 10C lower than the actual CPU temp." which means that the device is meant for the majority of the market but being money hungry as we are we "almost" support other cpus to sell more product units.

and of course, since the led problem is totally corsair issue, you refrain from mentioning anything helpful.

nice support there.

please, less forum lurking and more problem solving would be totally appreciated

Cheers !!!

Honestly I'm not surprised by the amazingly goofy answer. Further the AMD FX-8350 does not report a per core temperature. No FX CPUs do.

If would help if Xnitro67 had posted a screen shot as without knowing exactly what reported the temperature it impossible to know how accurate they are likely to be.

Below you can see that all the temperatures do add up reasonably well for a AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core (Vishera).

attachment.php?attachmentid=22291&stc=1&d=1438030333

2135158950_AMDFX-8350.thumb.png.f83a974b9efcbfbf769406823c32e5d7.png

to make it clearer corsair link no longer detects the pump does give cpu temp. the CPU fan in hwinfo is my exhaust fan corsair usually shows like 2200 rpms for the pump. the LED is dead doesnt even come on restarting pc its just off/dead. i have switch usbs but got no where. sorry for the big picture

http://i57.tinypic.com/2cna2rt.jpg

Given there is no Corsair Integrated USB Bridge listed on [uSB Bus] it's a hardware issue. Do you have an Mini-USB to USB cable that you can use to connect the H100i to an external USB port. Is so give that a try. If it's still not listed then I suspect it's RMA time.

You have changed the picture! From the new one I can tell Windows used to detect the H100i. This confirms the H100i used to work. Did you try a different USB cable? Has the USB cable become loose?

BTW it's best to extract the SIV.zip file into say C:\Program Files\SIV\ and run SIV64X.exe from there.

It didn't do a connect sound with the cable even though it still is cooling right should I be worried I was going to get a swiftech cooler. i have also tried another cable/port nothing. i moved the cables for management but it did work after that but the usb port to the block isnt made that well the last one i had got screwed up really bad this one probably too.

i moved the cables for management but it did work after that but the usb port to the block isnt made that well the last one i had got screwed up really bad this one probably too.

I find it hard to follow what you did. The H100i has only ever been successfully connected to one USB port though. Recheck the H100i USB cable.

Sorry I confuse people like that. Anyways different usb ports nothing. Different corsair cables nothing(I bought the extra cables kit). I was saying I had a h80i back then that the usb adapter was messed up so much even the glue or something was seeping out and didn't work at full speed this one usb and fans don't work but the pump is still keeping the cpu cool

Sorry I confuse people like that.

1. Anyways different usb ports nothing.
  2. Different corsair cables nothing(I bought the extra cables kit).
  3. I was saying I had a h80i back then that the usb adapter was messed up so much even the glue or something was seeping out
  4. didn't work at full speed this one usb and fans don't work
  5. the pump is still keeping the cpu cool

I think the H80i must be faulty and I would RMA it.

Maybe you should check the usb cable. What i mean is that you may have the same problem i had when i purchased my H100i. One of the usb cable wires leading to the plastic connector was cut and it wouldn't make contact to the usb "pin".

(excuse my English, i'm Greek. so i will try my best to explain what i mean)

the cable has smaller cables inside. these smaller cables touch the metal "pin" inside the connector. maybe the metal wires are cut and don't touch the metal "pin" inside the connector. i had such a problem and i had to solder the wire back to the metal "pin"

maybe you have something similar?

Cheers !!!

No I know what you mean. I don't think it's that cause from what I remember it was plugged in when the led was on then I noticed the led was off and so forth. But recently I was messing with my ram a friend of mine helped cause I had 4 sticks of ram and was trying to get the voltages and stuff since I couldn't run at full 1866mhz so I'm unsure if it had to do with anything cause there was of alot of restarting pc

Archived