Corsair Community

Commander pro / MB question's

EvolutionMR

Ok guys just had a question. Am about to pull the trigger on the Asus Hero X for my 8700k build. I do want to add some Corsair RGB fans and will be buying the commander pro. If I want my 2 USB 2.0 ports to work on my I/O I have to use 1 header. I also want to run an AIO which also uses a 2.0 header. The Corsair commander pro also ( i think ) uses a 2.0 header. Does this mean I will not be able to use the commander pro to control all the RGB fans from this board? The second question is I did notice that the commander pro also has 2 internal USB 2.0 headers, can I use 1 header to plug in my USB 2.0 from my cases O/I for the ports or will it not have the correct volts to work correctly..

I think what you want is an internal USB hub. NZXT makes one which looks like its pretty good quality.

Also, since you're a prospective buyer; here is my review on the LL RGB fans vs the ThermalTake Riing PLUS:

• The Corsair LL RGB fans look amazing. The color smoothness is on-point. Inner and outer lighting looks awesome, and the ability to do make lighting effects flow from one fan to another looks good. Visually the Corsair LL RGB fans a win. These fans are also really quiet and move a lot of air. Points for performance as well.

• However, the TT Riing PLUS fans have much better customization quality. Each individual light can be separately tuned allowing for some really cool custom patterns. These fans also save their LED pattern to the hardware, meaning that when the computer shutsdown/starts up, the LED pattern will run without the software. This is not the case with the LL RGB fans. This also means the LL RGB fans require a background process which takes up CPU cycles (can lead to in-game stuttering). The only drawback to the TT Riing PLUS fans was build quality. I had one of three that was noisy at high RMP. This was possibly a fluke, but it was enough to make me switch to Corsair LL RGB fans.

• If I had to make choose between the two, I'd go with the TT Riing PLUS because ultimately RGB fans shouldn't get in the way of gaming. And a background process which causes noticeable in-game stuttering is a huge turn off. The TT Riing software is also garbage, but it doesn't impact my PCs performance.

Ok guys just had a question. Am about to pull the trigger on the Asus Hero X for my 8700k build. I do want to add some Corsair RGB fans and will be buying the commander pro. If I want my 2 USB 2.0 ports to work on my I/O I have to use 1 header. I also want to run an AIO which also uses a 2.0 header. The Corsair commander pro also ( i think ) uses a 2.0 header. Does this mean I will not be able to use the commander pro to control all the RGB fans from this board? The second question is I did notice that the commander pro also has 2 internal USB 2.0 headers, can I use 1 header to plug in my USB 2.0 from my cases O/I for the ports or will it not have the correct volts to work correctly..

No, you can do this with one board usb header and yes, both 2.0 headers on the C-Pro are functional. I have run Corsair and other branded AIO coolers on those without issue. I’m in the same boat with the Code X and I can run 6 fans, 4 strips, the H115i Pro all from the one motherboard 2.0 port.

Nice ty for the reply, Yeah i been doing so much looking around im just not sure what to do yet lol. Yeah the gaming ussie would be a huge NOPE from me also.

I think what you want is an internal USB hub. NZXT makes one which looks like its pretty good quality.

Also, since you're a prospective buyer; here is my review on the LL RGB fans vs the ThermalTake Riing PLUS:

• The Corsair LL RGB fans look amazing. The color smoothness is on-point. Inner and outer lighting looks awesome, and the ability to do make lighting effects flow from one fan to another looks good. Visually the Corsair LL RGB fans a win. These fans are also really quiet and move a lot of air. Points for performance as well.

• However, the TT Riing PLUS fans have much better customization quality. Each individual light can be separately tuned allowing for some really cool custom patterns. These fans also save their LED pattern to the hardware, meaning that when the computer shutsdown/starts up, the LED pattern will run without the software. This is not the case with the LL RGB fans. This also means the LL RGB fans require a background process which takes up CPU cycles (can lead to in-game stuttering). The only drawback to the TT Riing PLUS fans was build quality. I had one of three that was noisy at high RMP. This was possibly a fluke, but it was enough to make me switch to Corsair LL RGB fans.

• If I had to make choose between the two, I'd go with the TT Riing PLUS because ultimately RGB fans shouldn't get in the way of gaming. And a background process which causes noticeable in-game stuttering is a huge turn off. The TT Riing software is also garbage, but it doesn't impact my PCs performance.

TY for the reply, so i assume for me to use just 1 MB header i would need a USB hub like Gary said? Also i wont be using a Corsair AIO so i might have to do it the " way i was figuring " or would there be a better way?
No, you can do this with one board usb header and yes, both 2.0 headers on the C-Pro are functional. I have run Corsair and other branded AIO coolers on those without issue. I’m in the same boat with the Code X and I can run 6 fans, 4 strips, the H115i Pro all from the one motherboard 2.0 port.

Archived