Corsair Community

Graphite 760 case vibrating loudly [help]

00zim00

Hey,

I have the 'Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower Case Black'

My issue is, i don't know if its the doors, or something else. But the whole case seems to vibrate loudly just from normal use from time to time. the loudness is rather random, mostly im guessing its based on what hardrives are in use or how fast the fans are going which cause subtle vibrations though the case that are then amplified ten fold into audible sound. I have made sure all the case doors are firmly closed and that no cables are up against the sides but it hasn't helped.

If i place my hands on both sides of the case i can reduce the sound significantly. Sometimes even i can press slightly down on HDD holders which makes it quieter. Tho im pretty sure its just from my hand absorbing the vibration muffling it abit. Im guess is something about the design of the case that is doing it, but i cant figure out what it is or how to fix it.

Question is, is this common? And are there any suggestions for ways to prevent this happening? I have never had this issue before with other cases or pcs.

Thanks.

Case vibrations are a real pain and not always easy to trace to the source. Something has to cause the vibration and some piece of the case has to vibrate to make it annoying. The weak link could be either or both.

I probably would start with trying to find the source first. HDD vibrations should be periodic, unless your C: drive is a HDD. Even then, it would likely be somewhat variable. A wobbly fan would produce more constant and consistent vibrations. If that is more like what you're experiencing, start unplugging one fan at a time to find the source. You don't have any system specifications in your profile, but if you have an AIO or water system, the pump is always a suspect as well. It is not unheard of for an otherwise well performing pump to start making the motherboard vibrate. Even my D5 artfully suspended on shock arm mount can create a little tremor in the 400 lbs solid wood bookcase below. Some frequencies are more annoying or consequential than others.

There are not a lot of noise complaints about the 760T, but of course something has to be vibrating. Once you know the source, it may or may not be addressable. If not, then you can try dampening or supporting the panel in motion some other way.

Thank you for the feedback. Guess ill do more testing of things and see if its the water pump or fans as suggested. Could also be one of my HDD going I suppose.

However its good to know that their are not that many noise complaints about the 760T case, which means it may narrow down what i need to recheck.

Thank you again.

If the HDD is not the C: drive, than you can disconnect the data or power cable to keep it from spinning up. If the noise you hear is constant, I do not think this is it anyway. The pump is more difficult and it can be hard to ascertain where it's coming from. However, while the pump can't really be disconnected, the fans can and when there is nothing else left... While also unlikely, a PSU fan that that is wobbly could also do this, but those are usually easier to pinpoint.