Corsair Community

QVL Version 4.31 not Version 4.32.

NSTrader

I just did a new build for trading stocks:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/past4ujk%40yahoo.ca/saved/#view=MVTfP6

I tried the corsair CMK64GX4M4B3200C16 RAM. Its on the QVL from ASUS but come to find out the version I received is 4.32 but ASUS QVL wants version 4.31 and I couldn't specify the version when I purchased. The only way of telling was to look at the sticker on the ram stick. I tried installing anyways the result being that the system will boot with 2 16GB sticks but will not boot with 4 sticks that came in the kit (all configs were in the ASUS recommended DIMM configuration). I tried moving the sticks around in case it was a ram problem but the issues remains if I use slots D1 and B1 it will not boot. Everything ie windows,, bios etc. works fine in C1 A1 with the 2 sticks. Slot label diagram below.

https://icr-am.asus.com/gateway/openapi/web/file/download?path=normal/2020/05/21/17/0612d13a9ced4630ba6dad6e4a4dbbc5.png&fileName=RAM+slot.PNG

At first I tried g skill ram F4-3200C14Q-64GTZN because its recommended for AMD Ryzen and passed pcpartpicker. I later found out that its not on the QVL ASUS list so I returned it and got the corsair. It had identical issues to the corsair ie. it booted with 2 sticks but nothing with 4. I never experienced the blue death screen but I never tried any intense programs.

I sent ASUS this info they say the think there is a hardware issue but what do you guys think?

It's all brand new I have not been able to use this computer and have been messing around for a month. Now ASUS wants me to send the MB to them to have it repaired which will take over a month but I still have the ram issue. What would you do in these circumstances? Is it a hardware problem or is it the RAM since its not exactly as listed on the QVL the only difference is the version number.

I don't have alot of experience with computer builds but in the past I have seen different brands of ram and even timings work when added to the emptied slots. I guess I don't want to go through the hassle of tearing my build apart to find out it was just the wrong ram version number.

Compatibility should usually only be an issue when you enable the XMP. At default settings the system should work regardless of compatibility with a certain kit in most cases.

If slot D1 and B1 do not work no matter what, you might have a CPU/cooler mounting issue or a defective socket (bent pins).

Compatibility should usually only be an issue when you enable the XMP. At default settings the system should work regardless of compatibility with a certain kit in most cases.

If slot D1 and B1 do not work no matter what, you might have a CPU/cooler mounting issue or a defective socket (bent pins).

Thanks for this emissary. I heard that from someone else the TRX40 sockets are very finicky. I took off my aio cooler and pulled out the CPU to see if I could see any bent pins on the MB. The cooler screws were about one half turn past hand tight. As far as the pins go I can't see any that appear to the naked eye to be off/bent. They seem to angle the pins slightly inwards on in on each side up to the half way point in socket's 4 quadrants but that is the way the board appears to be designed. Light reflects off the 4 oin quadrants differently beause of this pin configuration.

I might try resetting the cpu and cooler back on to see if that works. The trx40 slide in CPU and clip setup is pretty resilient to installation compared to other CPU sockets where you have to drop the CPU in place perfectly.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion I will try a reset before spending a month sending it away.