Corsair Community

CMW32GX4M4C3200C16W not clocking to 3200

sylaran

I recently bought the Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) along with a Ryzen 7 3700X and a B450 AORUS ELITE for the motherboard. I can't get the memory to clock at 3200. I've enabled the XMP profile in the BIOS, I have chipset drivers installed, and am updated to the latest BIOS version.

I was looking at the QVL (https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450-aorus-elite_matisse.pdf) list of the B450 AORUS ELITE and I don't see the CMW32GX4M4C3200C16W listed, but the black color of the RAM (CMW32GX4M4C3200C16) is listed as compatible. Is there really a difference between the two RAMs other than just the colored cover? Do I need to return the white RAM for the black RAM?

I have the 64gb version on a Aorus X570 Master board and the only way I could get it to run 3200hz was to set memory multiplier to 3200 and DDR4 infinity fabric divider to 1600 for double data memory and leave everything else in Auto. I even keep the timings in Auto as well as the voltage. Make sure to load optimum BIOS settings to clear any remnants of XMP that you may have loaded before doing that.