Corsair Community

which DDR4 Ram package?

matt_gold

So, I've researched and found some responses, but nothing definitive.

I have 16G of Corsair ram. (2x8) it's DDR4, specifically CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 Vengeance LPX.

I want another 16 gigs for my other 2 slots. (I do VFX for a living and can burn through 16 gigs pretty easily)

My MB is a ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F

my CPU is a AMD Ryzen 5 3600

what's the difference between the CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 and CMK16GX4M2B3200C16? I read that one (the CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 is intended for Ryzen CPU's and CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 is meant for Intel, but I am yet to read anything definitive about it making a real difference or not.)

anyway, for my rig, which should I go for?)

Mixing in anything other than the exact same kit as you already have will decrease your chances at successful compatibility. Even then, it is not guaranteed success. If you are well skilled in tweaking your RAM timings, you probably can pull it off. However, it is a time consuming process and I suspect stability is fairly important to you. It is preferable to find the same version number of CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 as you already have. Unfortunately, finding out the version number of the kit you are buying is not always possible, especially online. Make sure it is returnable.