Corsair Community

Rgb fans / commander pro issue

Tyrantoftheold

New Corsair user here, built my pc about a week and a half ago, smooth sailing and everything setup and running well. Finally received my commander pro yesterday and followed the diagrams here thoroughly and connections are in place.

My 3 fans on the 570x crystal case are the SP fans, I have a h100i liquid cooler and added a ll120 fan for rear exhaust.

I can’t get the link software to recognize the LL fan at all, the SP front fans will only light with link software and do basic color, meanwhile the H100i pump is doing full rgb along with the Rad fans and ram.

I have the Commander pro and hub linked, pros usb on the MB.

I’m stumped and not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Is there a certain usb header I have to use or is that universal. Just not sure why the 4 fans in the hub are not doing rgb.

Any help narrowing down this issue would be huge!

You can't combine SP or SP-PRO fans with the HD/LL/ML-RGB on the same RGB Lighting Hub. The case came with one for those front three fans, but you would need to have a separate one for the single LL in the back. Obviously that is a bit tedious, but it can be done for the price of the controller plus it takes another RGB channel on the Commander Pro.

H100i ________. Critical detail missing in the blank. If you have the Pro model, it should be recognized in Link since that came out right before Link was shelved. Much older v2, GTX, and H100i 2013 models should also show. However, if you have the H100i Platinum, that needs to be on the current software iCUE that was released about a year and half ago. This is likely a benefit anyway as it is a large upgrade in lighting capability for fans. The same may apply for the RAM as well, but there are so many models. Certainly Dominator RGB and Vengeance Pro RGB are going to need iCUE.

It’s a H100i platinum cooler, it’s doing full rgb without any setup (default profile)

I’ll test out unhooking the LL fan tonight. I’m pretty sure I tried just the 3 front fans and got a single color.

Will a lighting node pro work as a 2nd hub?

Also would the other fix be changing the so fans to LL series?

Thanks a ton for the help!

This is a RGB Lighting Hub. It provides the lighting power to the fan. The Lighting Node Pro and Commander Pro allow you to link the device to the software (via USB 2), but the fans still need to pull their current from somewhere. LL fans have surprisingly large current needs with 16 LEDs.

The Platinum cooler is in default mode so it will shine all day and night, but I suspect you don't have any control over it. You will need to move to iCUE for that. Be aware any Link or CUE 2 profiles will not transfer. You'll need to start over.

Yes, swapping the 3 front SPs for 3 more LL would solve the issue and probably be more satisfying all the way around. Massive difference in lighting options between those two types. However, it obviously is the most expensive fix.

Also see here: Zotty's Guide

Gotcha.

So unhooked the LL fan from the RGB hub and resetup everything in ICUE, the front SP fans work, H100i plat and the RGB ram all sync.

That was the issue it seems was the LL fan freaking the hub out.

So now i gotta get a RGB hub or Replace the front 3 SP fans.

Was hoping the Lighting node pro could use 1 channel to control the LL fan and the other to control the LED strips. But if it wont i'll at least get an RGB hub soon.

Thanks a ton for all the help! truly appreciated and loving my first dive into Corsair and RGB

Was hoping the Lighting node pro could use 1 channel to control the LL fan and the other to control the LED strips. But if it wont i'll at least get an RGB hub soon.

That will work, although once you get the LL up you may want 3 more. It's a bit annoying to need another SATA connection and another lighting channel. Hmmm.... I just though of a snag. I am not sure the RGB Hub comes with the little cable to connect itself to the LNP/C-Pro. I need to verify this.

*If you have a Commander Pro, it should have two in the box. Good to go.

Edited by c-attack
  • Confused 1