Corsair Community

What fans can you run with Corsair Link?

Grenen

Hi,

My H100i that i recived yesterday is suffering from the high pitch noise that seems common around here. So im wondering what kind of other fans you can connect to the pump so that you can control it through the Corsair Link?

3-pin PWM fans, all those should work right?

Might aswell drop by some shop on my way home today and buy a pair to see if i can solve the issue myself. I sent in a RMA request to get the new fans, but i have no idea how long it will take to get those, if ill get them. And that sound is killing me when i tried to build a silent system.

pwm fans are 4 pin.

Corsair says they only support compatibility with included fans. Everything else is hit or miss (mostly miss) so look around and see what has worked for people.

Thats why im asking here, to see what ppl have used :)

• 1 year later...
I wouldn't use any other fans. I just had two nice cooler masters high static pressure fans get killed within less then 1 day use and they both died together by the H100i. I wish there was a bigger warning or notice that it kills 3rd party fans. Also I'm having tons of other problems with the H100i. I can't control the leds on the unit or the fan speed with the software. And sometimes the software wont even load.

I wouldn't use any other fans. I just had two nice cooler masters high static pressure fans get killed within less then 1 day use and they both died together by the H100i. I wish there was a bigger warning or notice that it kills 3rd party fans. Also I'm having tons of other problems with the H100i. I can't control the leds on the unit or the fan speed with the software. And sometimes the software wont even load.

id bet many times the load rating was exceeded or wiring mods were done,no way they would harm the fans if tolerances were respected.,,of course the hydro gets the blame,surely not the user...

This is odd because Cooler Master's fans do not exceed .45 amps for their high-end fan, and only .4 amps for their high CFM fan. Even with all 4 fan slots on the H100i used, that still leaves plenty of amperage room (if I remember right, 1 amp per line 2 amps total for the unit?) The H100i simply doesn't output enough amps to damage fans unless something outside of Corsair's control occurs (like modding).

g'evening George,how goes the monster build?

That build is on hold. Getting ready to head to an RV Rally over in CA. Back from that and head to PA for the daughter's college graduation.

Maybe the first part of June, before I head to NM for a Rodeo. LOL

RodeoGeorge

Archived