Corsair Community

iCue Software not detecting my Vengeance RGB Pro Ram or my H100i RGB Platinum Cooler

604cefiro

Hey everyone, hope all is well and you're all keeping safe!

I've had an issue ever since I had my new rig assembled by a local computer store (Canada Computers).

I have done some Google Searches and also on this forum on the topic trying to wrap my head around it.

Issue: iCue software does not detect my Corsair RGB ram or my H100i water cooler.

The motherboard I have is an GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE

Everything appears to function just fine. The RGB ram light up and cycles through colors, same with the H100i pump and the rgb fans, they all light up and cycle colors.

I just cannot see the Ram or Cooler in the iCue software.

Can someone point me in the right direction to trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks in advance

dashboard.JPG.518a6119c36a836ccd1d0caed6ab4e8b.JPG

dash2.JPG.fbe90ce837230b80999211dc90a5839f.JPG

Edited by 604cefiro

i'm not a iCUE user yet, waiting for zen3 two CPUs to complete two builds. Could it be some other software trying to take over your RGB? perhpas Gigabyte software? Maybe try to kill/uninstall/stop running any non-iCUE RGB apps/services you may have...

I am having the same issue. Everything is working fine with the H150 cooler and 9 QL Fans/commander pro and nodes but nothing is showing up in iCUE. I have tried installing older version of the software which, updating it, reinstalling it, updating MOBO Bios, and nothing was able to detect the missing items. Having 9 fans, 4 sticks of ram and a cooler all cycling through the rainbow is a little much for me ha

Hey everyone, hope all is well and you're all keeping safe!

I've had an issue ever since I had my new rig assembled by a local computer store (Canada Computers).

I have done some Google Searches and also on this forum on the topic trying to wrap my head around it.

Issue: iCue software does not detect my Corsair RGB ram or my H100i water cooler.

The motherboard I have is an GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE

Everything appears to function just fine. The RGB ram light up and cycles through colors, same with the H100i pump and the rgb fans, they all light up and cycle colors.

I just cannot see the Ram or Cooler in the iCue software.

Can someone point me in the right direction to trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks in advance

run a repair on icue. my ram wasn't showing an that fixed it.

the how to repair is at the bottom

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044638712-How-to-Fix-unresponsive-macros-and-remaps

Hey thanks for this, i followed the exact steps as outlined. However, when i try to re-run the installer, it never gives me a "repair" option at all it just goes to Install

I installed, and still the same. Ram and cooler not detected

run a repair on icue. my ram wasn't showing an that fixed it.

the how to repair is at the bottom

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044638712-How-to-Fix-unresponsive-macros-and-remaps

Gotcha, yup it showed up this time with the "REPAIR" option

Did it, but still no bueno.

Ram and Cooler still do not detect.... :(

Was hoping Corair support would see this post lol

go to add/remove programs in windows and select "modify" - you should see the option then. also, you need to click on the left of the "repair" to select it - there is a very poorly designed check box there.

Which version of h100i cooler? Is it plugged into an internal USB 2.0 port? Does it appear in Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers > Corsair USBXp Driver > Properties > Details tab > Device Description = Corsair h100i (model)?

Edit: I just realized you have the Platinum cooler in the thread description, so it does use USB.

Hey bud, i went into Device Manager and down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers... and i dont see anything Corsair! See screenshot

I know i connected the 9pin connector to the usb pins on the mobo (i referenced my gigabyte aorus x570 manual). The cooler lights up and is functioning... I'm 100% sure the cables installed correctly.

Any ideas why it doesn't show up on my Device Manager list?

Which version of h100i cooler? Is it plugged into an internal USB 2.0 port? Does it appear in Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers > Corsair USBXp Driver > Properties > Details tab > Device Description = Corsair h100i (model)?

Edit: I just realized you have the Platinum cooler in the thread description, so it does use USB.

1347755594_usbdev.JPG.0e28af32cb1e14fdb9c5c61505630632.JPG

Ok, so pump USB cable plugged into MOBO USB header, fans plugged into fan splitter to pump, pump 3-pin plugged into CPU_FAN header, pump SATA plugged into PSU SATA cable. Try disabling iCUE in Startup apps; Task Manager > Startup tab > Rightclick-iCUE > Disable, reboot and check device manager, then start iCUE manually and check device manager and iCUE to see if the Corsair USBXp driver appears for the pump. Is BIOS up to date?

Edit: Corrected incorrect "pump 4-pin" to "pump 3-pin" cable.

Edited by RiverM

pump USB cable plugged into MOBO USB header - Yes

fans plugged into fan splitter to pump - Yes

pump 4-pin plugged into CPU_FAN header - It was actually a 3 pin but its correctly plugged into CPU_FAN header on mobo - Yes

pump SATA plugged into PSU SATA cable - Yes

I followed your steps disabling iCue from startup apps and started icue manually, but it doesnt show up under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

BIOS up to date? That i don't know, are you able to point me to where I can check on that?

Ok, so pump USB cable plugged into MOBO USB header, fans plugged into fan splitter to pump, pump 4-pin plugged into CPU_FAN header, pump SATA plugged into PSU SATA cable. Try disabling iCUE in Startup apps; Task Manager > Startup tab > Rightclick-iCUE > Disable, reboot and check device manager, then start iCUE manually and check device manager and iCUE to see if the Corsair USBXp driver appears for the pump. Is BIOS up to date?

pump USB cable plugged into MOBO USB header - Yes

fans plugged into fan splitter to pump - Yes

pump 4-pin plugged into CPU_FAN header - It was actually a 3 pin but its correctly plugged into CPU_FAN header on mobo - Yes

pump SATA plugged into PSU SATA cable - Yes

I followed your steps disabling iCue from startup apps and started icue manually, but it doesnt show up under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

BIOS up to date? That i don't know, are you able to point me to where I can check on that?

You can check motherboard BIOS version from Windows, in search bar System Information, System Information > BIOS Version/Date. Alternatively, upon restarting your computer keep pressing the DEL key while its booting to access the BIOS. The BIOS should open after the Gigabyte splash screen unless the PC builder disabled that splash screen. The BIOS version should be displayed on the opening page. There will be an option to update the BIOS over the internet within the BIOS or manually within the BIOS after downloading the BIOS file from a web browser in Windows from Gigabyte's website in the support section for your model motherboard. This is an easy process but if you've never done so reading the motherboard manual is advised. I have never owned a Gigabyte motherboard and don't know the exact terminology for their BIOS update procedure but the process is the same ofr any modern boards. If you have not accessed the BIOS before its possible some USB ports are disabled but that is usually not the default; they are usually all turned on and this can be verified within the BIOS in advanced settings.

You can check to see the latest BIOS available from Gigabyte's website in the Support section and compare that to your current version. The Platinum coolers existed before X570 boards, so there should be less need for such updates but any request for support will usually ask if the BIOS is up to date.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

I found this, im just not sure which one to update to

I have an AMD 3900x.

F21 looks good for 3900X, I wouldn't go to F30 as that has the latest AGESA update for Ryzen 5000 CPUs which may be fine but I would give that time for other Ryzen 3000 users to verify no problems first.

Edit: Also check for latest chipset drivers for X570 from AMD's site, they are always ahead of the motherboard manufacturers with the latest chipset drivers that are the same for all X570, not just Gigabyte. These are just updated from within Windows, not in the BIOS.

You can also try plugging the pump into an external USB port using a USB to micro USB data cable, like from a smartphone, to verify the stock USB cable isn't bad.

Edited by RiverM

F21 looks good for 3900X, I wouldn't go to F30 as that has the latest AGESA update for Ryzen 5000 CPUs which may be fine but I would give that time for other Ryzen 3000 users to verify no problems first.

Edit: Also check for latest chipset drivers for X570 from AMD's site, they are always ahead of the motherboard manufacturers with the latest chipset drivers that are the same for all X570, not just Gigabyte. These are just updated from within Windows, not in the BIOS.

You can also try plugging the pump into an external USB port using a USB to micro USB data cable, like from a smartphone, to verify the stock USB cable isn't bad.

Just to add use amd's direct link to x570 drivers.

• 2 months later...

Hey it's been a minute. I just wanted to throw an update here.

An outdated bios was my issue!!

I updated my bios to F21 and everything is showing up now!

Thanks so much for all the help.