Corsair Community

Default profile actions don't work on K95 Platinum XT

Quote720

I configured one of my onboard profiles to use the G4-G6 keys as F13-F15, and that worked fine, but configuring the default profile to use these same actions does not work. I tried deleting the default profile, but that made these actions not work on the onboard profiles, and I had to uninstall/reinstall iCue and factory reset the keyboard to get the default profile back and the actions working on onboard profiles again. After all that, the default profile still can't use actions. How can I use actions with the default profile, or remove the default profile without breaking actions in the onboard profiles?

It shouldn't matter if you delete the "Default Profile" or not. It's not special. It's just a place holder created on first load. You can delete, demote it, or change it's name without consequence. Your default profile is the software profile currently at the top of the list.

Not sure what happened with your onboard profiles. It's possible the software got tangled up trying to rectify a save data stored in a profile that doesn't exist and the onboard profile, likely when you start CUE on boot and it gives you a conflicting profile error. I'll have to test this further, but this is one of the reasons I like to use the K95 XT HW1-3 Profiles as the data holders for the onboard profiles. You know where stuff is and you don't have to worry about deleting save data. If you did delete one, the KB would load it back next launch.

You probably will need to create your action remaps again in a profile and re-save to the KB. However, it should not delete and it does not need to be in the default profile.