Corsair Community

iCUE 3.19.120 Issue

ShAdOwb3aSt

Recently 3 of my 4 HD120s RGB started to freeze up the animations that were set. I thought an easy fix was just to update to the latest version which I tried to do. It installed with no errors and I restarted my pc to make sure, I land on the desktop and go to open iCUE and to my surprise it didn't launch. I check task manager to see if it is running, it is! Why is it not showing up on my screen and the system tray. The only trace I found was in task manager.

I tried many fixes that I found on other forums and none of them worked. The first issue I want to fix is it not opening, then I would like my fans to stop freezing.

I have attached a log for the last time I tried to open it.

Thank you,

ShAdOwb3aSt

2019-09-02T16-50-09.log

When you get strange glitchy behavior, one of the first things to try is a "repair install" of iCUE. Go to the Windows Settings->Apps and click on iCUE. Follow the directions for "Modify".

I Have done that many times, ive tried almost everything but a clean widows install.

I tried many fixes that I found on other forums and none of them worked.

I won't spend a lot of time guessing. I am running 9 HDs and have not had any glitches of this type, so it seems unlikely to be a version specific issue. I would export whatever profiles you want to save and then try a 3rd party cleaner like Revo or similar to scrub it out completely. When you reinstall, don't import all of your profiles just yet. Create a basic one to test lighting function and if it passes, then slowly start adding stuff back. It is possible for the profiles to become corrupted as well and behave unexpectedly.

I won't spend a lot of time guessing. I am running 9 HDs and have not had any glitches of this type, so it seems unlikely to be a version specific issue. I would export whatever profiles you want to save and then try a 3rd party cleaner like Revo or similar to scrub it out completely. When you reinstall, don't import all of your profiles just yet. Create a basic one to test lighting function and if it passes, then slowly start adding stuff back. It is possible for the profiles to become corrupted as well and behave unexpectedly.

i am having the same problem, i tried this with no success.

I followed a guide on this forum that told me to do that and it didn't work. I even went into the registry and deleted the files of corsair it told me to, then I used the cleaner and restarted. I reinstalled and still I had no luck, I've spent about a week with this issue and nothing has worked. It at least opened when I had 3.18 installed. It last opened, but still froze my fans before I installed a beta of NZXT CAM. I doubt it's that though. If I cant find any help here then Ill have to submit a ticket because I don't know what it could be.

Edit: I uninstalled all of my profiles before I installed 3.19.120. 3.19.120 works on my laptop, not my PC though.