Corsair Community

(HELP!) Corsair M65 RGB not detected / recognized.

k3u

After a couple days of doing research for a new mouse I finally settled with the M65 RGB (I'm going to get the K70 RGB Keyboard as well to match!) because my 3 year old Razer mouse is completely dead in the scroll wheel so I thought I'd update the mouse. Anyways, upon receiving the mouse after waiting 2 weeks. I found out that the mouse does not work on my computer. So I did a little bit of trouble shooting by plugging it into USB 3.0/2.0 and even other computers. Well it turns out it works perfectly on my laptop (Windows 8.1) as well as my roommate's computer which also runs Windows 8.1. My computer runs Windows 7 but when I plug it in, the RGB lights are lit up but the cursor won't move. I also downloaded the CUE to ensure the drivers are install and under the device tab it says "Status: Malfunction". So if anyone has a solution to this that would be grateful, it's painful staring at a beautiful mouse but unable to use it!

Thank you!

EDIT: I fixed it!

I found out what was the problem! I guess the drivers that were installed initially was corrupted (not the CUE program but the actual Windows Installer). Anyways I went to Device Manager and right clicked on 'Other USB Connections' and uninstall the update and replugged my mouse in and it installed it correctly. Works in every single USB 2.0/3.0 port that I have now! Hopefully it solves someone else's issue if they run into this problem!

Have a good day everyone!

Archived