Corsair Community

Corsair iCUE 465x RGB AIO question

Hey guys,

Just got myself a Corsair iCUE 465x RGB case and I am very pleased with it. I installed a ASRock B450m Pro4 mATX Board with ballistix LT Sport RAM which already is very low profile RAM.

I also decided to get myself an AIO water cooling which became an Enermax Liqfusion with a 240mm radiator. It was heavily discounted, so I decided against Corsair in this case.

However, my case officially supports 240 mm radiators in the top, so I order the AIO without any hesitations. Installing it became a really hard time. The VRM coolers and RAM where in the way and I really had to „punch“ the radiator in. I nearly damaged the VRM cooler. Coming to the point:

The AIO fits, BUT just because my ram is low profile. I planned to upgrade to Corsair RGB RAM latest at Black Friday, but this RAM will definitely be blocked by the radiator. What did I do wrong? The radiator has the same size as Corsair radiators. Is it, because I run a mATX board? Had Corsair lies about the case‘s capacity of fitting a radiator at the top? Do I need to get a new case if I decide to upgrade RAM with higher profile? I really doubt my choice of buying this case in terms of AIO handling. Just expected to fit nicely at costs of 130€.

Anyone knowing, where the problem lies? Is it the AIO, the case, the board?

Did Corsair "lie" about that? Obviously not as you did manage to install the radiator. But support for radiators in any location is conditional on the hardware that you have. Even the front won't necessarily support a radiator if you have a massively long GPU.

And you still have front mounting available for your cooler, assuming, that is, that your GPU isn't too long for it. And, to be quite honest, that''s likely a better installation choice than the top from a performance perspective.

Hey,

Absolutely no assault against Corsair! As you are right, I did manage to install the radiator. But I would love to upgrade to RGB RAM which the wouldn’t fit with the radiator.

Installing the radiator in the front means to push warm air inside the case and GPU or otherwise blowing it out in the front and having to blow cold air from the back and top, which means a complete change of air flow

At it's worst, your exhaust air off the radiator is going to reach the upper 30s Celsius and that is cooler than your motherboard active components, RAM, and most certainly the GPU which will have exterior shell surface temps above 50C. The air of the radiator is still cooler and will still displace the warmer air it encounters, which is then exhausted out the rear and top. It seems "non-traditional", but the unobstructed fans on top without the radiator will do a better job at cooling the RAM, VRM, and other motherboard capacitors around the CPU. Most of your case heat with be GPU based, so I would not advocate a reverse flow model on that case, but if you did the top would still need to be exhaust with the sole rear intake.

The 465x, like the 460x before it, is a "mid-size tower". Any time you see the word mid-size, there is going to be an element of compromise. You can't put anything you want, anywhere you want it. This shallow top design has been popular across all brands for several years and top radiator mounting + tall RAM is a common issue. It seems like you are functional at the moment, but if you do want the taller RAM you'll need to go to the front intake radiator, which is what everyone else has been doing as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Confirming that for everybody who want to buy this case:

There is no fast ddr4 memory that can be installed and can not interfere with mounting a 240mm rad without drilling additional holes in the case to hold the radiator. And even that might not help at all.

I have 4133 Mhz Patriot Viper Steel 4133 Mhz memory ant it is not that tall at all, but it is already in the way of the fan blade when watching from above.

Honestly: I don't know who is 3D modelling these cases, and who is approving, and what is in these persons head, but I see that they don't think that if you buy some noice side panel glassy case, you will not be using cheap low profile server ddr3 memory on aliexpress xeon system, and will put inside something from the store shelf that cost something, so there must be left normal gaps between the components.

In my case I want to put 2080 watercooled from Gigabyte. And I will have to cut / drill this pretty case because somebody just could not widen it by 0,5-1 cm and move the mounting of the top fans to the side by 2 cm. (I already have h150i in front). Thx a lot guys, good job :D

I have had two cases that supposedly fit a 240mm radiator in the top. Sadly neither will do it with the new VRM Heatsinks size and tall Ram. I have the Crystal 570x and it looks like the rad would fit with my VRM's heatsink but the RAM is still in the way or would just touch the fans. In my Thermaltake case what I had to do was get a thinner 15mm Noctua fan for that part of the radiator so it would clear everything. Now with my 570x I have a 280 rad in front in the bottom sets of holes. I may bump up to a 360. But anyhow this case in this thread, why did you put the rad on top when it will fit just fine in the front? Or are there only holes for a 280 or 360 up front?

I have had two cases that supposedly fit a 240mm radiator in the top. Sadly neither will do it with the new VRM Heatsinks size and tall Ram. I have the Crystal 570x and it looks like the rad would fit with my VRM's heatsink but the RAM is still in the way or would just touch the fans. In my Thermaltake case what I had to do was get a thinner 15mm Noctua fan for that part of the radiator so it would clear everything. Now with my 570x I have a 280 rad in front in the bottom sets of holes. I may bump up to a 360. But anyhow this case in this thread, why did you put the rad on top when it will fit just fine in the front? Or are there only holes for a 280 or 360 up front?

Some people just wanna remove GPU heat to the top, because near GPU is nvme ssd and also chipset. So for CPU i'm using 360 aio, and I want 240mm aio gpu cooling and vertical ounting. NOW because of Corsair I can not do none of that (neither putting in nvme, becaue it will be near 72oC gpu while gaming, neither vertical GPU - because can not find a solution for effective cooling). They made a pretty but unfunctional case.

And also. I was thinking of putting rad on top. But with AIO gpu it is inpossible. Buying waterblock and other stuff for mine 1080 - not worth it. Only newer 2080 could do the job and cosair ruined this :evil:

• 4 months later...

hey guys, i know the thread might be outdated.

But as i recently got the case too myself and i decided to get myself also the h100i platinum rgb AiO to mount it to the top I came up with the same problems.

BUT

it's pretty easy. The case do support 2 AirFans in the top or the Radiator itself without fans!

And that's what corsair promises: 2 Fans up there. Not the combination of radiator and 2 fans like all AiOs normally are.

If you check the product pictures, it definately shows the AiO mounted. But if you check closer, it is not mounted to the top. The AiO Radiator is mounted to 2 of the 3 front fans. You can either change those fans with the from the AiO or just adapt the radiator to those fans and mount the 2 remaining fans to the spot in the top! All fine.

• 2 weeks later...

But as i recently got the case too myself and i decided to get myself also the h100i platinum rgb AiO to mount it to the top I came up with the same problems.

BUT

it's pretty easy. The case do support 2 AirFans in the top or the Radiator itself without fans!

And that's what corsair promises: 2 Fans up there. Not the combination of radiator and 2 fans like all AiOs normally are.

If you check the product pictures, it definately shows the AiO mounted. But if you check closer, it is not mounted to the top. The AiO Radiator is mounted to 2 of the 3 front fans. You can either change those fans with the from the AiO or just adapt the radiator to those fans and mount the 2 remaining fans to the spot in the top! All fine.

Hi again

But wont that be a problem as the fans provided in front aren’t build for static pressure? - or is there still more than enough air getting through. I’m even thinking of getting the h150i Pro xt for getting the larger radiator to compensate for this... But I don’t se how then to control the speed for the fans to match the heat generated when the front fans aren’t connected to the correct(Original) fans...

• 6 months later...

BUT

Are you able to explain more about what you mean that the radiator is mounted to the 2 front fans?

• 1 month later...
Are you able to explain more about what you mean that the radiator is mounted to the 2 front fans?

Take a look at this video at the end.

[ame]

[/ame]

This is not ideal but I think this is where I have to go since I bought the Corsair RGB ram also.

• 5 months later...