Corsair Community

CORSAIR Void Elite Wireless Won't turn on or show a charging light

Aratoop

My headset hasn't been showing the charging light for the past week but would make the series of beeps that signal that it's plugged in, and would also keep working so presumably it was still charging considering I use it a lot. However, since it turned itself off earlier today it has been entirely unresponsive to holding down the power button when plugged in, aside from one or two brief flashes of the LEDs (not to signal anything, just turning on and then immediately shutting down). I've changed both the USB cable and the port on the PC that it's connected to (2.0 to 3.0) and there has been no change, other than windows recognising it as a corsair headset plugged in. It's been plugged in for about 40 minutes as of this post (with the new cable, it was plugged in with the worked-last-night cable for several hours prior). I would be glad for any help determining the issue, thank you!

So I opened the case and with a multimeter found the battery was not visibly puffy or swollen and still output ~3.8V. So I gather what's likely happened is that the USB charging pot connection, somewhere, has broken. If anyone has a wiring diagram or even just some pictures of what I should be seeing connected/where the likely bad connections are it'd be much appreciated, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there, just saw your post and thought to myself that you might have the "went into bootloader" problem. A solution is pinned in the forums audio section, maybe that helps. Until then, good luck. If you still need it, i can take some pictures from my Void Pro Wireless SE. Just hit me up.

The Corsair Void Elite Wireless suffers from a critical design failing: the micro USB cable and/or the headset itself do not physically match. Certainly the jack is correct on both ends, but either the male end of the cord or the female end on the headset have mismatched sizes by about a quarter of a millimetre.

That means the cable is loose when plugged in to charge the headset, which cause the constant USB connect/disconnect sounds and the headset to never quite properly charge unless the user is never wearing the headset and the headset is lying on in a propped up position where the cable is tugged by gravity to stay connected.

If the user is wearing the headset while charging the battery, the user can never, ever, move his or her head. No tilting, nodding, shaking, turning, etc, whatsoever.

I have tried every other suggestion on Corsair's forums to debug or work around this issue, and by sheer chance I noticed the connection between the cable and headset was not exactly correct, although it easily fooled me, as connecting the cable did have that "firm" feeling when plugged into the headset.

At this point, I am not sure if asking about a warranty exchange. So many other people have asked on these forums that I suspect that this is a production flaw and exchanging the device won't help.

Regardless, I hope this helps people. Now you know what to look for whenever you get the endless USB connect sounds or the battery fails to charge. The issue is not the dongle or the software; it is a manufacturing defect.