Corsair Community

h115i Platinum firmware update crashed pump

Hi Everyone,

I've made an update to the latest version of the iCue software and after that I got a message for an available update for the firmware of the pump.

I made the mistake and also confirm that. During the update the pump shut down and restart but the LEDs switched to an continuos red and all Fans started to run in high speed. By checking the temperature I've seen the CPU reached almost 100°. I've waited for round about 15 min but nothing changed and the process for the update was still running but did not get to an end.

The last update was done in a few seconds so I got a little bit nervous and shut down the process and checked the logfiles. I've seen that there were some exceptions mentioned so I first guess that maybe the downloaded files were corruppted so I've repaired the iCue Software by system panel.

After that I try to flash the firmware again the pump restarts but I always get a cancellation message with the same result- red LED and 0 cooling. I've checked the Logfiles again and still see that there was still an error. I've read something in the forum that mybe a custom profile caused problems so I made a clean re- installation of iCue software.

The result is that the update process starts and keep on runnning but never stops. I already got in contact with a support ticket (February 8th) but I still got no response so maybe someone here can help me.

David

Service_Trace.log

Sys-info.zip

Service_Error .log

Edited by Spliffy

• 1 month later...

I am having the exact same issue, thing was running fine when i first got it hooked up, did the update and now the fans are maxed, it doesn't show up on icue and lighting is off. Get the USB connect/disconnect noise once every minute or so.

I already started the replacement process with amazon since I just got this less than a week ago and frankly don't feel like it's my problem, and to avoid wasting more time trying to solve this, but is there any type of hard reset for these devices that I can try as a last ditch effort?

Thanks,

-Jake

I'm not aware of any new firmware updates - certainly, I'm not getting prompted for them. What firmware were you on?

As for the reset - power down, completely. Leave it for a minute. Power back up.

You might also try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB.

Appreciate the help DevBiker

Unfortunately, I don't actually know what FW version i was on - i just got the device, saw there was an update, and assumed that was the right thing to do.

Powering down (and even unplugging from wall) and waiting, as well as unplugging and plugging back in USB didn't fix. Shame if there is no factory reset option.

Appreciate the help DevBiker

Unfortunately, I don't actually know what FW version i was on - i just got the device, saw there was an update, and assumed that was the right thing to do.

Powering down (and even unplugging from wall) and waiting, as well as unplugging and plugging back in USB didn't fix. Shame if there is no factory reset option.

Ouch. I did have a bad firmware update during the beta - so its been a while - and one of those (I can't recall which) brought the cooler "back".

How about trying a "Repair" install of iCUE?

I am having the exact same issue, thing was running fine when i first got it hooked up, did the update and now the fans are maxed, it doesn't show up on icue and lighting is off. Get the USB connect/disconnect noise once every minute or so.

I already started the replacement process with amazon since I just got this less than a week ago and frankly don't feel like it's my problem, and to avoid wasting more time trying to solve this, but is there any type of hard reset for these devices that I can try as a last ditch effort?

Thanks,

-Jake

Same issue. Finished building my rig yesterday and installed my H115i Platinum and iCue does not see it at all. Fans are maxed out. It's driving me crazy.

• 1 month later...
a week or so ago I bricked 3 pumps from a faulty firmware update and this comes as a surprise cause I have never had to return a Corsair product for any reason and I have been using Corsair products for as long as they have been around. I'm scared to open the iCue software now in the off chance i or my son accidentally clicks that update firmware button when making lighting profiles. Please for the love all that is RGB and cool fix this!!!!!

We cannot fix this problem here - you need to contact Corsair Support, unfortunately.

I just asked if anyone could say for sure what the current correct firmware version the AIO is using and if there was another way to load the firmware outside of using iCue, I didn't ask for you to fix anything.

Hi My_Gamming_TV,

So without iCue Running there is no way to update the firmware. There are a few troubleshooting steps you can do.

I would try and uninstall iCue using control panel then reinstall the latest version from the iCue page. corsair.com/icue

If you have another USB header on the motherboard you can try moving headers. This should make it see it as a new device.

If at that point you see the cooler in iCue I would close anything else running on your computer before performing a force update in settings. Here is a video to show how to force update if needed. [ame]

[/ame]

If none of these work I would contact support.

Hi My_Gamming_TV,

So without iCue Running there is no way to update the firmware. There are a few troubleshooting steps you can do.

I would try and uninstall iCue using control panel then reinstall the latest version from the iCue page. corsair.com/icue

If you have another USB header on the motherboard you can try moving headers. This should make it see it as a new device.

If at that point you see the cooler in iCue I would close anything else running on your computer before performing a force update in settings. Here is a video to show how to force update if needed.

If none of these work I would contact support.

I've already tried all that on the last 3 pumps that got bricked, once the firmware update fails there is no recovering or even seeing the pump again even if you switch to another USB header and trust me with 12 USB headers inside my computer I have tried all 12. Also I see that no one has confirmed what the current firmware version is for this AIO, this is the 3rd time I have asked

Edited by My_Gaming_TV

I just asked if anyone could say for sure what the current correct firmware version the AIO is using and if there was another way to load the firmware outside of using iCue, I didn't ask for you to fix anything.

The current version is 1.01.15.

I've, personally, updated 3 of them in iCUE without bricking a single one. Many others have as well. Keep in mind that you only see complaints and issues on the forum - this issue doesn't happen to everyone but no one comes up to post "Hey! My firmware update worked!" It does, however, appear to be unusually common, however.

Sorry the latest version of the FW is 1.01.15. Are you using internal USB hubs btw?

Yes I am using only the internal USB hubs, on the last one I tried using an actual USB port using a regular USB cable to see if maybe I can try to get iCue to see it again. And since I have been repairing PC's and building custom PC's for almost 25 years I have also tried a number of other ways to figure out the cause of the problem and eliminate any possible sources that would cause the update to fail. And if 1.01.15 is the current firmware version then it seems that I am in need of a firmware update but I am just afraid to update it and have another bricked pump. Fry's won't let me exchange a 4th pump and I don't have time to wait for an RMA, time is money and with my PC down I'm losing money. Also I have talked to Corsair customer Support and they made a few suggestions along the way like trying to update the firmware in safe mode and disabling my antivirus among other things. All with the same result. Mind you I have tried doing a forced firmware update on my keyboard and mouse and even my Void headset and none of them had any issues afterword. So I'm lost as to why those will work and the AIO won't.... Also it seems the firmware update in iCue is incorrect for this pump and that may be the issue

As for you DevBiker all I can say is I'm happy for you, glad you have had better luck than I have but as you can see I am not the only person that has had this issue and I probably won't be the last so maybe instead of bragging about how you have yet to have this issue maybe try being helpful in trying to figure out the cause and/or a way to make it work right?

Edited by My_Gaming_TV

So I would try unplugging the USB hubs and just have the cooler connected to the USB port on the board and try the FW update. When you have a ton of USB devices on one controller that can cause all sorts of problems and instability.

The order I would try it in would be to:

Unplug all of the usb hubs

Plug in the cooler to the board

Turn on your pc and give it enough time to sort the USB devices

Reboot

Close all apps except iCue

Make sure iCue is up to date

Then perform the firmware update

@My_Gaming_T,

You are not alone... I just updated to the latest ICUE also got a message that there was a firmware update for AIO (same one as yours). Same result as you: It wont be recognized anymore by ICUE. It blows at max RPM now so alot of noise, WC block RGB stopped working also leaving it with a light blue color (Corsair logo).

Mine is connected through an internal USB header on the board (Asrock X470 taichi Ultimate). Switching USB headers doenst help, cooler wont be recognized in ICUE anymore .

I just made a ticket to Corsair support.

So I would try unplugging the USB hubs and just have the cooler connected to the USB port on the board and try the FW update. When you have a ton of USB devices on one controller that can cause all sorts of problems and instability.

The order I would try it in would be to:

Unplug all of the usb hubs

Plug in the cooler to the board

Turn on your pc and give it enough time to sort the USB devices

Reboot

Close all apps except iCue

Make sure iCue is up to date

Then perform the firmware update

Already been done same result, even been done when Corsair iCue was the only installed program outside of the ones needed to keep my system running and the only thing plugged into USB other than my keyboard and mouse which are needed. This was already suggested by Corsair Support when I contacted them

I had this problem last week. Ended up having to RMA my cooler and should be receiving a new one this week, I understand your frustration! I tried to update the cooler and midway through the firmware update the USB disconnect sound happened and boom, the cooler was never to be seen again in iCue.

As for you DevBiker all I can say is I'm happy for you, glad you have had better luck than I have but as you can see I am not the only person that has had this issue and I probably won't be the last so maybe instead of bragging about how you have yet to have this issue maybe try being helpful in trying to figure out the cause and/or a way to make it work right?

HAH *high fives MGT*

Now, as for the firmware issue. Had a few things change on my system recently and it has the same cooler as you (H115i) and that arrived with the 1.01.15 firmware on it. The...previous system was Gigabyte X470 AORUS 5, now on Z390 and everything is working as it should. Well, more or less. But no disconnects, no cooler deciding to say 'ef' it' and stop working.

What I did notice on the other hand was upon arrival this H115i had the 1.01.15 FW and ICue was prompting me to update the firmware on the AIO to.......1.01.15. I ignored it and haven't had it come back.

Due to the recent issues with the coolers and ICue (or everything depending on who you ask) I would say either get the replacement and hold off on the FW update for the time being until things get straightened out or switch to ANYTHING else (except NZXT...screw NZXT...damn personal data thieves).

Also sent you a PM.

Cheers and again, HAHAH *H5*

One more thing, what Windows version are you on? 1809 or 1903?

Edited by Waukeen