Corsair Community

I just received my new Corsair HS50 Pro Headset.

While the sound works fine..

The mic does not record my voice in either state of the headset mute button.

My older headset works properly with no problems. My cheap clip-on microfone also works fine.

The headset is properly connected with the y-Splitter.

The microphone is clipped into the headset.

When listening to audio through the headset the mic is able to record that. It works in both mute states. It even works without the mic being attached to the headset. It wont record the audio when the 3.5mm mic jack is not connected to the computer (obv). So i believe its not my computer's fault.

In following thread the phenomen is described as "sidetone audio through the earcups" [https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774989]. The steps described did not fix my problem.

Im running Win10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.508).

I will need the headset working properly for an online job interview next week. Maybe the problem can be fixed easily due to user error. Otherwise i will have to send it back.

With best regards,

User23112020

Edited by User23112020
clarity

I have the mic set to 100% Volume and enabled +20dB.

Windows still only picks up 12%. hbBNgNS.png

Which means i have basically no option (beside setting it to +30) to make me sound louder. When holding presentations id prefer to be way louder. Id rather tune down the volume if needed than to be limited to this as the max volume.

Is there a known fix? Is this due to this specific microphone or is my os (win10) at fault?

More setting images https://imgur.com/a/EalvEkZ

• Corsair Employee
When you're presenting or using the chat service, does the mic sensitivity lower on it's own? Some services like Skype, Zoom, etc. automatically adjust the mic volume. Usually this can be adjusted in the app settings, or disabling Exclusive control in the advanced tab of your second screenshot.

• 1 month later...

Hi Nick, the problem you mention is happening to me on windows with hs50pro, and I've already tried disabling the control on apps. and also tested on iphone, pc, macbook. after 2-3 seconds voice goes down dramatically.

Any suggestion?

I've already reported the issue and corsair replaced them to me, but same issue happening.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Nick, the problem you mention is happening to me on windows with hs50pro, and I've already tried disabling the control on apps. and also tested on iphone, pc, macbook. after 2-3 seconds voice goes down dramatically.

Any suggestion?

I've already reported the issue and corsair replaced them to me, but same issue happening.

For clarity - is the microphone volume only low on Windows? If your ticket is still open, try following up with it - otherwise open up a new ticket at https://help.corsair.com.