Corsair Community

I have no Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device

ShadowC

Hi.

im running windows 10 and installed the latest corsair link, i hav a 110i cooler,

and i guess its the old one cause it wont show, now the problem is that in the

"FIX" note it says to do something with Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device,

now to the problem, in my device list i dont have anything named

Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device, i have looked everywhere for it.

Any suggestions?

I have the same problem but not with the cooler. I simply have the older corsair commander and lighting modules that I want to get working. I don't see the usb device listed that needs fixing.

I expect the old commander code in CL v3.2.5676 is totally broken. I have the same issue and posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143258. I have also posted to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=792644.

On this system my SIV utility can report them, but CL 3.2.5676 can't. CL 3.1.5667 could.

The old Commander is a HID device called Corsair Link PMBus Bridge and in the HID rather than the USB section.

I would tell more if you exited CL, ran my SIV utility (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665) and posted [uSB Bus] and [Link Devices] screen shots. If [Link Status] is there post that as well.

I could not get the old commander to be visible to Corsair Link either after a clean install of Windows 10. It Worked semi okay in Windows 7 after a lot of reading in these forums.

Suddenly I realized that this is a software that should control fans and lights. Not anything complicated really. So why was I using all this time to get this to work? So ripped out Commander, 2 fan units, 2 light units and everything connected to it.

I connected all fans to my motherboard and used the included software from 2012... and it worked beautifully.

It was a good run Corsair Link. Thanks for all the fish and registry edits. :laughing:::pirate::

As requested. By the way I love how much info and effort you put into siv, I'm just not savvy enough to use it. I only use Link to control lighting effects and monitor temps on my rig. It works well enough for that. Thanks for the help.

755164794_sivusb.thumb.PNG.f52bca119ad9541460cd939c73af246b.PNG

1082467639_sivlinkstat.PNG.e15231b74635779d6c3492b3b2ad4944.PNG

So, I'm curious and maybe you can take this to PM if you need to but I figured out how to change the colors of my led strips according to temps. That's great, but it seems the only option is cpu temp. Is there a way to have certain strips change according to certain readings? For example, one strip for cpu, one for each graphics card, and one for my coolant temp?

As requested. By the way I love how much info and effort you put into siv, I'm just not savvy enough to use it. I only use Link to control lighting effects and monitor temps on my rig. It works well enough for that. Thanks for the help.

Is it this device? Looks like the same identifying numbers.

Yes that is the Corsair Link PMBus Bridge. I don't know where the message came from though.

The Channel IDs 05 05 05 00 00 00 00 00 tells me that it's working at the moment. I advise you to uncheck EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, press [Restart], exit SIV and restart SIV. Having done this post a screen shot of [Link Status] on which I expect to see the cooler and lights.

SIV is the sort of program to grow into. It's manly the [uSB Bus] and [Link Devices] panels that I use for CL issue debug. Most of the time I can see what the issue is and it's typically easy to fix.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22368&d=1438459810

attachment.php?attachmentid=22367&d=1438456019

So, I'm curious and maybe you can take this to PM if you need to but I figured out how to change the colors of my led strips according to temps. That's great, but it seems the only option is cpu temp. Is there a way to have certain strips change according to certain readings? For example, one strip for cpu, one for each graphics card, and one for my coolant temp?

With SIV you can use any temperature, but I don't know what CL can do as I only really use it to update firmware.

I am not sure what you mean by "led strips". If you mean two daisy chained together then no. They MUST be the same. Post [Link Lights] and say what you wish to do.

1896270517_LinkLights.png.2d0d56e662f2b29624fe40b35de7bdac.png

With SIV you can use any temperature, but I don't know what CL can do as I only really use it to update firmware.

I am not sure what you mean by "led strips". If you mean two daisy chained together then no. They MUST be the same. Post [Link Lights] and say what you wish to do.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22370&stc=1&d=1438465692

Sorry for the double post, I seem to be posting between your answers. No, I have two Lighting control modules hooked up to the commander, each with two sets of led strips on them. That gives me 4 led channels to play with. With the CL program I had them each changing color with temps from 4 different locations. With SIV I can only see that it's reading the temp from the cpu at the moment, and therefore all my led strips change color according to cpu temp.

Quick edit. I see you have different devices listed that it's taking temp readings from. That's what I need to know how to change.

Edit again. Figured it out! That little pink square allows you to change what sensor it's reading. Playing with it now. Thanks for the help!!!

Edit again. Figured it out! That little pink square allows you to change what sensor it's reading. Playing with it now. Thanks for the help!!!

I suspect you will find SIV 5.02 Beta-16 is improved. Do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get it.

I have the same problem but not with the cooler. I simply have the older corsair commander and lighting modules that I want to get working. I don't see the usb device listed that needs fixing.

Me too - need a fix !!

i have to turn my PC off, all fans are running at full speed :confused::eek:

Been using Siv for the last 24 hrs with the help of Ray. Incredibly helpful individual. If you are using the old link hardware his SIV is the way to go. No, it's not as pretty as CL software but it's got a boat load of info in it and will control the link hardware with zero issues. Post on here with questions about setting it up.

Again, top notch job on the SIV software.

Been using Siv for the last 24 hrs with the help of Ray. Incredibly helpful individual. If you are using the old link hardware his SIV is the way to go. No, it's not as pretty as CL software but it's got a boat load of info in it and will control the link hardware with zero issues. Post on here with questions about setting it up.

Again, top notch job on the SIV software.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I,ve tried it and i have to admin that it does the job really well i can control my fans lighting and everything with it. solved all my problems THX a lot.

I could not get the old commander to be visible to Corsair Link either after a clean install of Windows 10. It Worked semi okay in Windows 7 after a lot of reading in these forums.

Suddenly I realized that this is a software that should control fans and lights. Not anything complicated really. So why was I using all this time to get this to work? So ripped out Commander, 2 fan units, 2 light units and everything connected to it.

I connected all fans to my motherboard and used the included software from 2012... and it worked beautifully.

It was a good run Corsair Link. Thanks for all the fish and registry edits. :laughing:::pirate::

Ready to rip mine out as well. I haven't gotten the software fully working since version 2.5. As it is it completely broke my LED node when I tried going to the next version.

Individuals having issues with the old Corsair Link Commander units are encouraged to get in touch with customer service.

Just contacted via website. We'll see what they say. This reads like you are suggesting they might do a swap for a mini.

Just contacted via website. We'll see what they say. This reads like you are suggesting they might do a swap for a mini.

I have just had an RMA approved for an old Commander to CLCC :biggrin:. From making the request to it being approved took less than 4 hours :bigeyes:

If only the Corsair RMA team did mutexes and firmware fixes :roll: Probably the best RMA service in the world :winking: (why such a good RMA service and c**p software + firmware support?)

I just hope my other one keeps working so I can test SIV ;):

I have just had an RMA approved for an old Commander to CLCC :biggrin:. From making the request to it being approved took less than 4 hours :bigeyes:

If only the Corsair RMA team did mutexes and firmware fixes :roll:

I just hope my other one keeps working so I can test SIV :!:

I got an email back with several options, including an advance and accessory replacement. Really all that needs to be replaced is the Commander to work with the new software right?

Don't get me wrong, I like SIV but I also like the default software when it works.

I got an email back with several options, including an advance and accessory replacement. Really all that needs to be replaced is the Commander to work with the new software right?

I have just checked http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=792164 and both an H100i and H80 connected via a CLCC worked so I expect a cooling node will, but I expect the CLCC will control all the fans you need.

I recommend you just swap the "silver box" for a CL Mini. This is what I opted for. I will post things tomorrow and have enough CL hardware that I don't need the express option.

The thing I don't get is why they don't just fix CL. In SIV the code to convert the CLCC/H110iGT/H100i/H80i bridge packet format to the old Commander format is < 30 lines of C :confused:

I have just checked http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=792164 and both an H110i and H80 connected via a CLCC worked so I expect a cooling node will, but I expect the CLCC will control all the fans you need.

I recommend you just swap the "silver box" for a CL Mini. This is what I opted for. I will post things tomorrow and have enough CL hardware that I don't need the express option.

The thing I don't get is why they don't just fix CL. In SIV the code to convert the CLCC packet format to the old Commander format is < 30 lines of C :confused:

Agreed, because honestly there's nothing wrong with my hardware physically. The thing is the Mini only has what, 3 data ports and the rest are fan controllers right? I have two lighting nodes and plan on getting an "i" series PSU in the near future. Will that be enough to plug in and process all that?

Archived