Corsair Community

Veangence 2000 dead?

doidasso

it was working fine, no problems AT ALL for like 4~5 months, but then yesterday ago it ran out of battery (as it always does) and when i plugged the charging cable it started charging, but did NOT turn on..

I've tried different usb ports, also driver reinstalling drivers, even tried a different O.S. and machine (my laptop) but unfortunately the problem persists.... Even without the charging cable plugged it just will not turn on.

I assume one of its inside components is fried and that is why it will not turn on, any suggestions or RMA would be the only option? :(:

Dang i was hoping to get this fixed without having to send it through RMA..

i live in Brazil and i've been reading depoiments from brazilians that already RMAd something with Corsair. And the conclusion is not good, the whole RMA process seems to be very very unpleasant.

After Corsair receives the broken product takes about a month to send you a new one, but then it stays blocked on brazilian's customs for another month and after that you still have to pay heavy taxes.

Most of the times the taxes come overpriced, so overpriced that they overcome the retail price of the product therefore not making up for this 2~3 months of waiting, it would be better off buying a new one in the first place since it would most of the times be cheaper and arrive much earlier than 2 months.

I'm against the wall now, i think Corsair should be the one paying for everything, the shipping the deliver and the taxes, everything, it is their fault my product is not working and it is not even 6 months old.

I'm very disappointed with the quality of this product, i was expecting more from Corsair, you know you pay premium price you should receive a premium product/experience... not a thing that brakes because you plugged in the charging cable that's unacceptable.. oh no, my poor V2000 :(::(:

The RMA process takes forever... I'm really pissed I bought this headset. No matter who you are or where you are, you can count on the headset crapping out. I babied mine and they cracked in just over 3 months. I think I'm going to sell the headset whenever my RMA decides to arrive and just buy something more reliable.

You guys have a great fitting, great sounding product. It's just made from cheap *** plastics where it should be metal.

Your headset will break if it hasn't yet.

totally agreed m4ker, i am very aware of this cracking problem happening all over the place. Mine is not broken because my head is really small, but hey this is a headphone, a company that manufactures one should at the very least expect and make its products ready for small/mid/bigs any size of head. And it's clear that they haven't considered that when was the time to choose the components of the V2000.

Since you brought this cracking problem to the table, a fellow brazilian had the same problem about 5 months ago, he RMAd it, waited for almost 3 months to gets his hands on the new thing and guess what, he had to pay 82 USD of taxes...

Now he argued with corsair support that the company should be the one paying for it, since it is still being part of the RMA process. But they rudely denied paying for it claiming that they take care of everything but the taxes.. which is true but it is also true that taxes are still part of the whole RMA process they can not just walk away and leave this weight under the consumer responsibility, this is totally unfair, as i said on the previous post, when you pay premium price you should received premium treatment/experience/products. The guy end up having to pay for the duties (cuz what's left for him right?!) but is now talking ***** about Corsair to the whole world.. So yeah i am very concerned about these problems and i frankly don't think i will start an RMA unless Corsair assures me that they will take care of everything, literally.

how intriguing.. i said mine was't cracked right, but it is.. i just didn't see it when i checked, i just checked it again and saw the crack.. this just gets me more disappointed

http://img.techpowerup.org/130803/ss031.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/130803/ss032.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/130803/ss033.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/130803/ss034.jpg

Yep, that's how mine started, just a hairline crack in the side and for no reason at all. I'm always so careful putting them on and taking them off. It's like they have those screws cranked down so tight that regardless of how well you treat the headset, over time it's going to crack. It's such a shame really, these are the most comfortable headsets I've ever worn. I can wear mine for hours and not even realize something is on my head but the reliability just isn't there. I never had this problem with the Corsair HS1's that I had previous.

I'll tell you what though, If my headset gets here and they want me to pay duty/taxes on it their sorely mistaken, I just won't sign to receive the package and return to sender. I'm already paying out of pocket to send the headset back in the first place. I paid $88.99 for my Vengeance 2000's on boxing day and Corsair is putting a pending charge on my CC for $135.00

They're charging me more money than what I paid for the headset to begin with. It's also already been 10 days and I still haven't received my headset.

Steelseries SIBERIA V2's are only $76 right now. I hear great things about them, especially regarding comfort and build quality. I might just pick those up and sell my "new" pair of Vengeance 2000's for $60 or something.

it is a good decision to get rid of it while it is fully working and brand new, that's the only option Corsair has left for us, they could have launched a new product, they could have changed materials, they could have improved the RMA process but it seems they've decided to do nothing but sit. Assuming that Corsair give me full support regarding the RMA process - RAMGUY are you there? - and i end up RMAing mine i will probably do the same as you when it arrive, sell it and buy another product from another brand, one that doesn't play with its costumers' money. It makes me sad to say this, but unfortunately it's the thruth.

my suggestion for you will probably sound very expensive, but anyhow it is what i'm aiming for myself so yeah keep that in mind. I'll be getting an Audio Technica M50 + an Antlion Modmic, both will be drived by an Astro mixamp 5.8. Solid products, premium price BUT guaranteed premium experience and premium quality, don't expect these to brake anytime soon (5 years minimum).

Yeah I like the sounds of that. I think I'm either just going to go back to my roots and pick up a corded headset that's proven to be comfortable and reliable with good sound. Or just get a crappy desktop mic and a bad *** pair of studio headphones.

Archived