Corsair Community

Corsair 1500 Drivers not installing.

ekulie

Hi,

I recently got the Corsair 1500 headset, and it works when plugged into my PC, however I cannot install the 1.1 drivers.

I need these for access to the Corsair USB Control Panel, so I can stop that stupid hissing and whining that comes with this headset.

I download and run the drivers, windows asks for my permission to allow the program to install, I click yes and that is the end of it.

Drivers don't install and no control panel for me.

Any help would be appreciated as it's driving me mad, headset seems like a complete waste of money at the moment.

Cheers

Do you have administrative privileges on your machine? Does the Device Manager also detect the headset correctly?

Yes I do have administrative privileges on my machine.

Device manager detects the device correctly as well, but only when Windows auto detects it at the most basic drivers. I have tried uninstalling the old drivers from device manager and reinstalling but still no luck. :(:

Extract the V1500 folder and see if you can install the drivers manually via Device Manager then see if you can install the software.

v1500driver_1-1_1\USB112-110929-8.2150(W7-ER)WHQL\SoftwareDriver\Driver

Turn off SmartScreen temporarily and see if you can install the software.

Extract the V1500 folder and see if you can install the drivers manually via Device Manager then see if you can install the software.

v1500driver_1-1_1\USB112-110929-8.2150(W7-ER)WHQL\SoftwareDriver\Driver

Turn off SmartScreen temporarily and see if you can install the software.

Cheers, turning off SmartScreen did the trick!

Windows 8 proving once again what a great operating system it is! ;):

• 2 months later...
Cheers, turning off SmartScreen did the trick!

Windows 8 proving once again what a great operating system it is! ;):

I turned off the SmartScreen and mine is still doing the exact same thing where it does some extracting stuff and then just closes. What am I not doing right?

Archived