Corsair Community

iCUE (Mac) not recognizing supported device

SalmonGram

Not sure if this is the right place to as this.

I have been running iCUE for a couple weeks now on my (2018) MacBook, which had been awesome. I have the M65 Elite, K70 MK2 LP, and MM800. What I am noticing is that iCUE 99% of the time will not detect the MM800 as if it isn't even plugged in. The mouse and keyboard work amazingly, but the mat is very much more miss than hit. In fact, the only times I have actually seen it work properly, I had no part in it. I will have gotten up from my desk for something, and when I get back, it's just working out of the blue. The odd part is that I have had the mouse plugged into the passthrough the entire time, and the software reads and recognizes the mouse without fault. I have tried running the MM through different ports and USB hubs, with and without the mouse connected, and it still rarely, if ever recognizes it. If there happened to be an update for the MM, I am unable to access it through iCUE to do so. The few times it was recognized, inside the software, next to the thumbnail for it, there was a red exclamation hazard icon and I couldn't ever select it.

Are there any tips or tricks for this on Mac to help here, or is there anything else I can do for this?

• Corsair Employee

Generally the exclamation point indicates the driver is not connect, or something similar. Some kind of like, it can see it but can't access it issue.

Have you tried a different USB port on the computer? When does the issue reappear after it starts working?

The problem is that it barely recognizes that it's there. I can say with certainty that since installing iCUE a couple weeks ago, I have seen the MM recognized maybe 2-3 times tops at most, and even when it happened, it was always very short lived. I have tried multiple ports. Being a newer MacBook, we're forced into adaptors to use anything outside of USB-C, but I have tried it in official Apple single USB adaptors, as well as a USB hub. Both my mouse (M65 RGB Elite) and keyboard (K70 MK2 LP) work fine, and my mouse is and has been plugged into the MM. I have tried without the mouse plugged in and see the same results.

• 1 year later...
My mouse had a very similar issue to what you are describing. The firmware for my mouse was old, v1.10 in fact, I think v3.14 was the latest. Anyway, I had to load up the iCUE software on a PC, download and apply the firmware updates to the device using the PC, then plug it back to my mac. Annoying, but now my mac recognizes my mouse no problem. Maybe your MM800 needs to update the firmware on a PC before plugging it into the mac.