Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2019, 09:40 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016146
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestu View Post
I was not complaining about 0.9% CPU usage being outragous, I was raising the fact that MAYBE the Gsync issue momorious was having was releated to the interrupt issue I was having...
I wasn't quoting either of you. That one belongs to someone else and was meant to illustrate the wide range of opinions on what constitutes a program failure.

I can't follow his diatribe and don't have any intention of spending my day off trying to extract meaningful information from him. Your system interrupt events are a royal nuisance, but all I can do is pass it along. I don't see anything on your hardware list that hints of trouble and we have similar components. I don't know why your system is doing this, but obviously stay on 3.18. I am on 3.19 and my system interrupts are at the usual 0.1% on an 8700K. I have been all over every process working on CPU/RAM testing this week and would definitely have noticed something like this. It also would have tanked all my comparative benchmark tests. 6-7% system interrupts is clearly out of bounds and not acceptable. We'll have to see how this plays out with more users on more systems.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:24 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016158
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Well ...
I've had 3.19 running on 4 different systems over the past few weeks.
1 is an x399 ThreadRipper
1 is a z270/i7-7700K
1 is a z270/i7-6700K
1 is a B450/Ryzen 5

There are various other assorted and sundry differences between them. One of them does run GSync and is regularly used for gaming. I've been getting 144Hz on Overwatch without fail. CPU usage is within normal parameters. Two of the systems in question run Hyper-V virtualization. One of them is used daily for development. Now, on that one, after long periods of debugging, I do see high CPU usage due to system interrupts. But that's just Visual Studio being a pig. That's not an iCUE issue.

So ... that's 4 systems without issues to your 1. Not saying that there isn't a problem but it's a bit premature to say that it's going to be widespread. Perhaps if you stopped insisting that an acorn falling on your head meant that the sky was falling, we could narrow down what the issue is on your specific system.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:19 AM
thestu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016165
thestu Reputation: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Well ...
I've had 3.19 running on 4 different systems over the past few weeks.
1 is an x399 ThreadRipper
1 is a z270/i7-7700K
1 is a z270/i7-6700K
1 is a B450/Ryzen 5

There are various other assorted and sundry differences between them. One of them does run GSync and is regularly used for gaming. I've been getting 144Hz on Overwatch without fail. CPU usage is within normal parameters. Two of the systems in question run Hyper-V virtualization. One of them is used daily for development. Now, on that one, after long periods of debugging, I do see high CPU usage due to system interrupts. But that's just Visual Studio being a pig. That's not an iCUE issue.

So ... that's 4 systems without issues to your 1. Not saying that there isn't a problem but it's a bit premature to say that it's going to be widespread. Perhaps if you stopped insisting that an acorn falling on your head meant that the sky was falling, we could narrow down what the issue is on your specific system.
I am assuming that was not directed to me? :)

Is there something I can pull, test, trace to get more info on my high interrupts for further troubleshooting?

I just reinstalled iCUE 3.19 and interrupts are high. See attachments for before and after.

Btw Visual Studio should not do hardware interrupts such as drivers or software interfacing with hardware. Unless you are doing low level hardware development and debugging.

We are 2 reporting the same high interrupts/1 core high CPU usage though.

Like I said in a previous post, I'm not saying this is definately iCUE or widespread, maybe this is something in our systems conflicting with iCUE. However, rollbacking to 3.18 fixes my issue.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: png interrupts318.png (75.0 KB, 130 views)
File Type: png interrupts319.png (71.6 KB, 102 views)
Old 08-30-2019, 12:08 PM
Baio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016169
Baio Reputation: 10

Just made the upgrade, nothing to report…

Baio
Old 08-30-2019, 01:36 PM
Gronar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016181
Gronar Reputation: 10

Just updated myself, no CPU usage increase or slamming one core but I am on a Ryzen instead of OP's Intel. CPU load seems to have decreased for me using full software control on my Dominator RAM to tell you the truth, hovering around 9% while posting this.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:24 PM

POST ID # = 1016186
Panto Reputation: 10

Hi, i am at i5 - 4590 - gtx 970 , have a k95 p and mousepad pollaris, dis update and still pretty normal playing overwatch. Have no Issues, i just note that some profiles that i choose use more cpu then other, but at max 3% . Very normal to me.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:05 PM
thestu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016192

I did a lot of troubleshooting steps and it seems the interrupts/core 0 high usage begins when I start iCUE and not Corsair Service.

I tried to disable Corsair service, remove iCUE from startup and the issue only begins when I start iCUE manually particularly when it starts detecting stuff.

I also tried to enable full software control for the RAM and interrupts dropped from 80-90% (6-7% total) on core 0 to 20-30% (2-3% total). However, CPU usage of iCUE.exe increased, but this is expected.

One funny thing is that, if I have the high interrupt issue and put my computer to sleep and wake it up, no more issue! This is until reboot though.

I have a Corsair K55 keyboard, Sabre mouse, H100i Pro, 4 Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB DDR4-3000, 1 Commander Pro with 6 LL120 and 1 Lightning Node with 2 Lightstrips.

I don't have Asus Aura or any Asus utilities installed, no benchmark or hardware info tools that could interfere with iCUE.

I will probably stick with 3.18 in the mean time.

Last edited by thestu; 08-30-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:15 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016194

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestu View Post
Is there something I can pull, test, trace to get more info on my high interrupts for further troubleshooting?
Not at this point. We reported it this morning and the next step is they will try to recreate it. If they can't, then they may ask for logs and other details. However, I think they will be successful in replicating because I was able to find a problem.

I mentioned I had been running RAM tests all week and would have noticed any kind of CPU interference. Instead my results were incredible precise, but I was also using my older Domiantor Platinum 3200C15 4x4 (Non-RGB). In the past, the only stuff that has really been problematic with CPU usage is the RGB RAM. Software mode is still very resource intensive and I always use the hardware lighting mode. As a result, I think I missed this in early testing. I put my Dominator RGB kit i just got back last week on. Still in hardware mode, my Time Spy 12 CPU "crystal test" is all over the place with iCUE 3.19 running in the background. Huge 2000-3000 point swings (33% variance) between runs and massively less than the 4x4 kit. I uninstalled iCUE and set identical timings as my Dominator 4x4 kit. The result? Identical score to the other kit. Clearly iCUE is having some negative effect on CPU performance and it is fairly strong. I don't get anywhere near the level of system interrupts you get (2-3% at most and lower with iCUE running), however that is a 4x increase over using non-RGB RAM at identical settings.

You were right, there is a problem and the issue seems to be with RGB RAM.
You appear to have the Vengeance PRO RGB line. I have been using my non-RGB kit for the last month and did not pick up on the problem because it doesn't exist when I use the other RAM. With the RGB RAM on and 3.19, I am definitely getting FPS drops and the minimum frame rate is much lower than it should be. This becomes crystal clear in CPU bottlenecked games like MMOs with not much other overhead. It doesn't show up as usage increase for me, but more like the traditional system interrupt that tanks your performance with micro-stutter, etc. I have my Gsync turned off, so I think that aspect is a dead horse. Thank you for being so thorough. The possible cause didn't quite hit me until I saw the charts in the post above and it reminded me of early RAM issues.

So I think the obvious step here is to stay on 3.18. Naturally I have done a vast amount of creating in 3.19, so I won't be using any of those profiles right now. I would not expect a fix until 3.20 next month.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:23 PM
Darkness1015's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016195
Darkness1015 Reputation: 17

I have the same problem with the new version (mouse/video stutter/etc). Where can I re-download 3.18.77 ?
Old 08-30-2019, 04:25 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016196
momorious Reputation: 12

Aaaaaaah now we are talking.
Great that you found the cause of the issue so quickly.
Now let's hope corsair can fix this for 3.20 next month.
I would still say that corsair needs to pull the 3.19 release asap though...
Old 08-30-2019, 04:26 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1015 View Post
I have the same problem with the new version (mouse/video stutter/etc). Where can I re-download 3.18.77 ?
In the official corsair download pages because they didn't uploaded 3.19 to their download site yet luckily.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:26 PM
thestu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016198

Thanks for the update c-attack. I was going in the direction of the RAM as I see a difference when I switch from hardware to software control. I normally use hardware control.

Darkness you can download 3.18 here:
http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...77_release.msi
Old 08-30-2019, 04:50 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016202

@momorious
@thestu

Something else to ponder... we are all on Asus Z370/390 boards. Do either of you have Aura 107.71 installed? That is the one where Asus added support for lighting control on Corsair modules. You have to download an additional packet from Corsair to make it work, but it is possible that creates some overhead whether the plug-in in present or not. I am going to try and re-test without Aura and 3.19 present.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:55 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016203

nope, I am still on 1.07.22 and I noticed that with a recent version the Corsair Vengeance RGB was added to Aura and therefore I explicitly do not upgrade as I already thought this could lead to problems with iCUE control.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:00 PM
Gronar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016205
Gronar Reputation: 10

Hmm, I'm still at work so I haven't had the time to check the new version with Gsync while running a game, but as stated I'm on an AMD platform. One thing I did notice is the 3.18.77 release of iCUE really screwed with my K95 Platinum introducing a lot of keyboard chatter (aaa when pressing a once, not a switch going bad it started happening to multiple keys after that update) which seems resolved now in 3.19.