Corsair Community

9 LL Series fans and H150i set up help needed

mrodrig01

First time posting. Rookie at building PCs. I really need help setting up a nine fan configuration for my new pc build.

I am confused as to what to buy.

I want 9 RGB LL 120 fans total.

3 of them on the H150i radiator cooler exhausting mounted up top and the other 6 on the side and bottom for intake.

Case being used is the Lian-Li 011 Dynamic. Motherboard being use is the ASUS Strix Z370. PSU used is a Seasonic prime 650W titanium 80+.

This was achieve by HardwareCanucks on YouTube. But I for the life of me do not understand how he achieve it.

I do know if I need to buy 1 commander pro or 2 of them. I also don't understand how the splitting of the fans works and just how to connect them overall. Would I be able to control RGB lighting on all 9 fans? what about speed?

Please help!

Thank you so much!

You would only need a single Commander Pro.

The 3 fans on the radiator will be controlled from the radiator. It has connections for all 3 fans.

That leaves 6 fans that require RPM control. And the CoPro has 6 controllable fan settings. So you are good there.

From there, you need to control the lighting. You'll need 2 RGB Fan Hubs - each hub will support up to 6 fans. How you lay them out will depend on the positioning of the fans in the case but it's likely to work best with the 3 radiator fans on one hub and the other six on another (but leave your options open). So you'll want to get 2 multi LL Fan packs. The two fan hubs will connect to the CoPro's 2 RGB channels.

This will also leave you with 2 spare Lighting Node Pros. Hold on to them in case you feel the need to up the RGB game. It is addictive.

And be sure to check out the RGB FAQ that's linked in my signature. It has everything that you wanted to know and more ...

Archived