Corsair Community

K95 RGB White Base Plate Cover Mod

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, small update here. I plotted the DWG files to PDF at a 1:1 scale, so these PDFs should have no scaling issues at all. Sorry for not doing this sooner - it did not occur to me that some people could not use the files I provided at first.

The PDFs come in two parts to be printed on standard 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper. For Part 2, you can choose to either use the PDF with my mod signature on it or without. I signed my own to make it seem a bit more personal - You could sign your own too! One of my buddies put a Linux penguin on his. Thank you, meap, for filling in the gap in this mod. If you use this mod, please continue to post pictures! Seeing the mod being used makes me really happy. :)

Any chance is getting PDFs scaled to A4 instead of 8.5 x 11 for the rest of the world? :D

Any chance is getting PDFs scaled to A4 instead of 8.5 x 11 for the rest of the world? :D

I'll see what I can do tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure I can print these on A4 paper...

I'm on a streak of bad luck right now so I don't really feel up to it tonight. Troubleshooting my PC all day with (seemingly) no progress is a little frustrating :P

i would love A4 resizing also!

QUICK REMINDER: Do NOT scale these PDFs at all! That will mess up the size of the print and it will not fit the board. Do not "Fit to page." Print at the original size, or the print will not fit.

I have A4 versions available now! Turns out it was super easy. I just batch plotted these using an A4 paper size. Of course, I can't print these on my own. If these are not scaled correctly please make a post so I can take these down and give it another go.

EDIT: 3-28-2016

I found a solution to people's scaling issues. I put a scale on the PDF files this time so you can verify that the printout will fit before cutting the paper. New files have been uploaded here.

Edited by Jkraghify

Thanks so much for the templates!

I used a Silhouette CAMEO to cut some white cardboard and put it on and it looks great. If you are thinking about doing this I would strongly recommend it!

Here are some pictures of how I made it and the result! :)

http://imgur.com/a/MEWif#0

If you are ok with it I could upload the .studio files for people using the same software (k95 only without name).

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the templates!

If you are ok with it I could upload the .studio files for people using the same software (k95 only without name).

Absolutely! :D I can upload it to my dropbox as well on the original post.

The white cardboard looks great. It has a nice texture to it! Thanks for the pictures

Absolutely! :D I can upload it to my dropbox as well on the original post.

The white cardboard looks great. It has a nice texture to it! Thanks for the pictures

I uploaded the files to mega because it's much faster for me but it would be awesome if you could add them to the dropbox :)

k95_A4_Part1.studio3: https://mega.co.nz/#!Z9ICxL4B!MVjSwb91aRX9M8xHza1WM_0zCdXDaIwdyfGqgBgnj_w

k95_A4_Part2.studio3:https://mega.co.nz/#!4hAmhJhb!kPajJnl58VyLZnBYJelgu5LzzhKQJDBBfAUX-1eZjOU

Edited by debaksteennl

Hi mate! I just saw this mod and got so hype! I have a question tho and i hope you can help me. I found a plastic material with 0.6mm thickness. I am going to print the templates and cut it on the plastic. The problem is that the material is not white but its transparent. So i am gonna cut it and i am gonna paint it with white gloss spray.

And my question is: With white gloss spray, will the light be reflected?

Thanks in advantage.

( I am from Greece! Sorry for my terrible English)

hi first of all i would like to thanks the person who spent time to made this... recently i jus bought a k70 rgb and wanted to let the led shine better so i found this thread and download the pdf A4 size format and print it out and trimmed it but found out that the size won't fit the keyboard itself its too small... any kind bros can assist me wat i shld do? thanks in adv

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg361/xiaoheng86/20150812_205641_zpsdrusdu46.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg361/xiaoheng86/20150812_203103_zpsagz0ysqu.jpghttp://

Hi mate! I just saw this mod and got so hype! I have a question tho and i hope you can help me. I found a plastic material with 0.6mm thickness. I am going to print the templates and cut it on the plastic. The problem is that the material is not white but its transparent. So i am gonna cut it and i am gonna paint it with white gloss spray.

Thanks in advantage.

I am interested in what that would look like :)

As long as the white paint is not too thick, I'd imagine that the effect would be pretty cool :)

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say I see the problem with the A4 file. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll look into a solution when I get home later today. In the meantime, I would suggest printing the 8.5 by 11 and altering your print settings to accommodate your paper size.

Thanks in advantage.

When I used plastic, I found matte white to give the better effect.

Wait on printing out the templates if you are using A4. As others have pointed out, there are a few problems with it.

If you have gloss paint and want to experiment with it, go for it! The difference I found was not significant - the matte white just looks softer.

Thanks for replie. Unforutnally my project faild. :[pouts: I didnt cut the plastic material good enought and it didnt fit in switches well. Also when i paint it, the paint could remove easily by hand.

Now my new idea is to cover all switches with paper tape and paint the base to white. I have seconds thoughs cause doing that i guess i loose warranty. I will inform you further.

hi first of all i would like to thanks the person who spent time to made this... recently i jus bought a k70 rgb and wanted to let the led shine better so i found this thread and download the pdf A4 size format and print it out and trimmed it but found out that the size won't fit the keyboard itself its too small... any kind bros can assist me wat i shld do? thanks in adv

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg361/xiaoheng86/20150812_205641_zpsdrusdu46.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg361/xiaoheng86/20150812_203103_zpsagz0ysqu.jpghttp://

anyone can help? thanks

Thanks for replie. Unforutnally my project faild. :[pouts: I didnt cut the plastic material good enought and it didnt fit in switches well. Also when i paint it, the paint could remove easily by hand.

Now my new idea is to cover all switches with paper tape and paint the base to white. I have seconds thoughs cause doing that i guess i loose warranty. I will inform you further.

You sure you want to paint the board? The paper mod looks really good. I suggest you try that out first since its 100% reversible and does not mess with the warantee.

When you print, choose actuall size.

Is this the problem? Since these are measured precisely, you need to make sure you print without any scaling.

Please remember to use the appropriate paper size for the PDF. If you are using 8.5 by 11, the A4 layout will not work.

If this is the problem please let me know so I can clarify this in the original posts.

Done! Finaly i did it! I paint the base with white glossy color. I dit it with brush for artist painting. It took me about 12 hours of job. I paint it 3 times so the wihite became perfectly white. Thats the results.

Before

attachment.php?attachmentid=22581&stc=1&d=1439541073

After

attachment.php?attachmentid=22576&stc=1&d=1439541073

attachment.php?attachmentid=22577&stc=1&d=1439541073

attachment.php?attachmentid=22579&stc=1&d=1439541073

attachment.php?attachmentid=22580&stc=1&d=1439541073

rps20150814_015718.thumb.jpg.380a4bd6e6688c5a8d3ca058c27806ef.jpg

rps20150814_015638.thumb.jpg.2e7f37f630601920daa811c0223c0508.jpg

rps20150814_015551.thumb.jpg.79d4bc0adba2e5a05ed579d1c3822171.jpg

rps20150814_015427.thumb.jpg.411568a5dae32f1bedb62d2bdc417e60.jpg

rps20150814_020139.thumb.jpg.f8d9915d51a86a50106414a85626acb6.jpg

Edited by alekasas

Done! Finaly i did it! I paint the base with white glossy color. I dit it with brush for artist painting. It took me about 12 hours of job. I paint it 3 times so the wihite became perfectly white. Thats the results.

Wow, that looks really good! I really like the picture with the red in it. Enjoy the board man!

Wow, that looks really good! I really like the picture with the red in it. Enjoy the board man!

Thanks! Actually i was thinking for this when i 1rst got this keyboard. Then i saw your threat and i decided that is really worth it. I just hopping this paint holds for ever :). Thanks for inspired me!

If you having issues with the a4 sheets fitting then check your settings I was using microsoft word 2013 and the a4 dimensions are slightly off for me. My fix is I changed the size of the paper to custom and put in these settings 210 × 297 millimeters. Found this out while print a history assessment once I did that my cover page printed perfectly