Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 Headset - Driver trouble

Tensees

Hi,

I just recieved my 1500 headset and correctly installed the 1.1.1 drivers version, but the sound is only crackelings and fizzelings. I processed as explained, 3 of 4 times, but I can't get more.

Strangely, if I reboot right after uninstalling the application and with the headset still plugged-in, windows does an installation of drivers only and make my headset works properly, but I still can't use the equalizer. Hope that I explained clearly... and sorry for my poor english.

Ok today i tried again to solve this ****, and god knows what i did but it works well.

I tried again to uninstall then reinstall drivers, when deactivate all other audio-related devices/drivers... Things I already tried before and that didn't work, but I changed the USB port used from USB3.0 to USB2.0 and it seems this solved the case.

How (exactly) does one go about reverting from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 drivers for a specific USB port? My computer shipped with 3.0 drivers installed, so I can't just roll back. I am also having similar driver problems with the 1500, and I am hoping this might be the answer. Thanks in advance.

If your motherboard does not have native USB 2.0 ports, but has native USB 3.0 ports then you are stuck with those. Most still have a few 2.0 ports though. Check if you have them and where on the motherboard they are, then you can wire one up and roll with it.

Yea, i've just had the exact same problem. I had to wipe my pc 4 times in order to get windows stable enough due to it crashing every program in my pc. All you have to do, is make sure you put the headset in a USB 2.0 slot, not a USB 3.0 slot when installing the drivers. CORSAIR, i think you should warn people about it and leave a little notice on the download page for the drivers, statting that it should be placed in a usb 2.0 slot.

Archived