Corsair Community

Void Pro remains enabled even when off.

SleepyFox

I'm using the Void Pro RGB Wireless headset. According to iCUE it is on the latest firmware version: v0.15. I am using Windows 10 64-bit.

My problem is that after turning the headset off, it remains enabled in the sound & playback settings (both playback and recording). Because the headset speakers and mic are set as the default devices, they hijack any audio input or output despite being turned off.

Is this a bug? Is there a fix for it? Or am I doing something wrong with the default device settings? (I've set the headset to default device and default communications device)

• Corsair Employee
Hi SleepFox, this is the default to how Windows controls audio. You designate the default and, regardless of power for that device, audio will continue to route there. You'd have to manually switch the default device away if you're turning off the headset and want sound from say, a set of speakers instead.

Hi SleepFox, this is the default to how Windows controls audio. You designate the default and, regardless of power for that device, audio will continue to route there. You'd have to manually switch the default device away if you're turning off the headset and want sound from say, a set of speakers instead.

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I understand that, and perhaps that is the intended behavior. But is there no way to make the headset act like it has been disconnected when turned off? I feel like this would be a better approach as turning the headset off is, for all intents and purposes, the same as disconnecting it.

Archived