Corsair Community

New cases in 2017? maybe updated parts?

abgersaurus

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, I would like to ask if Corsair has any plans for new cases this year? and if so what series? (e.g Obsidian, Graphite etc)

I have some ideas which some existing customers (including myself) might find interesting.

How about making some updated parts for existing cases, e.g Make tempered glass panels for some cases like obsidan 250D, 350D, 450D, 750D and 900D

just replace the acryllic panel with tempered glass and done!

the Graphite 400C could also potentially get tempered glass, just not where the latch is placed

I would spark some life into some of the older releases of cases aswell as even selling more without having to engineer new cases.

one thing that is for sure is that I would love to buy a new side panel with tempered glass for my 750D, I'm also thinking about downsizing to a 350D (again :P) which would look GREAT with a tempered glass side panel:laughing:

I´d also like to see a few cool things in 2017. Or better said I really wish they would/will be realized.

Recently I have bought an Obsidian 750d Airflow and would like to show off some cool parts while I would love to hide others.

And so I really really wish they will come up with a vertical Graphics Card mount for the 750d.

Another thing I´d love to see is the cool psu shroud which other cases have already...

this would be fantastic!!!!!!

well i have many ideas that corsair should take in to note

note before reading my critisisms i own the Corsair H115i CPU cooler as well as Vengeance LPX RAM fans SSD and a bunch of other corsair stuff i am the one for all guy who would rather have things which work well together such as lighting than have a bunch of stuff from like 20 manufacturers and 70% of my new PC is corsair (haven't decided on the case yet)

1) Release the Obsidian 750D with a non Aluminum chassis and update the I/O

2) Release the Air 740 with NO door that just attracts unwanted visitors opening your case as it is so easy to do so and you can just peak in and see what happens if you touch something and another thing is if someone did open it then they could easily close it without being caught if they hear you coming or whatever

3) Release the Carbide 600C with a non inverse layout and have bottom and top fan mounts not just bottom, front and back

4) Have a long dust filter for cases with a bottom fan/radiator mount one which can accommodate for the PSU and fan/radiator mounts

5) Include more fan filers on all cases the top of each case is the most exposed take it from a guy who has to clear dust off the top of his tower every so often as gravity and other reasons as well as falling dust particles would go through the top of the case more often than the back or front

6) The Graphite 760T has no airflow on the top of the case

7) The Graphite 780T has bad and exposed I/O and the reset button and power button can easily be pressed by accident

8) PSU shrouds for Graphite cases

9) Why only half a PSU shroud on the Crystal 570X

10) Lack of new cases in the full tower and small tower ranges the last full tower was the 600C back in 2015 i think and now it is 2017

well now their peripherals and other stuff relating to corsair

1) no update to the M95 Mouse that was the best Corsair mouse ever made it lacked a good sensor and RGB lighting

2) when corsair released the Pro version of the Scimitar i expected pro not just onboard storage (which was supposed to be on the original) and DPI settings only like 1% of the owners would use i would have liked to see an extra button like the Logitech G600 or something as i use that extra button for sniping but have waited for 2 years for its replacement 2 years and nothing only ****

3) Why do the mechanical keyboards have such large cables my spare non corsair keyboard with no passthrough has a braided cable with a diameter of less than 50% of what corsair have and i could even tape a USB extension with a braided cable and it would take up less space also the thick cable makes it easy to break my K70 RGB Rapidfire was bent and was slightly fraying due to the pressure of slightly bending it as there was no other way to use it but luckily amazon RMA'd for an unrelated reason

4) My Void Wireless RGB only works wirelessly not with the charging cable and it also lacks turning the lights off without using link or onboard storage to save profiles

5) Corsair Link lighting kit does not even work with CUE i would have loved to see it work together using the visor on my K70 with the MM800 Polaris was epic but when my new build is finished i would love to see the visor going off in to the case

6) Why do all USB sticks besides the Padlock 3 have the old logo update them already

well that is my rant towards corsair i do not mean to hate on them but just for rectifying these issues or by releasing alternative cases or whatever to rectify these issues would be better

my 1st choice corsair case is the 750D or the Carbide Air 740 and the lack of steel and uodated I/O on the 750D and lack of a screwed on door for the Air 540 really pit me off from buying a corsair case i am getting the K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard when i have the money as well as buy the Scimitar Pro (i have waited for years to see something better than the G600 from logitech but nothing all i ask for is a mouse with over 2 buttons on the left side as well as a third click for sniping but the G600 is outdated)

after i have bought those i will own pretty much every type of product corsair currently sells besides the case lighting case and the GPU i own 2 of their mouse pads, Headset, Fans, CPU cooler RAM, PSU, SSD, and even USB memory sticks

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure they would be already working on an update to the obsidian series, specially 900D, tempered glass, psu shroud, one or two to none optical drive bays since those are not really necessary nowadays, plus at least a door to cover them, of course usb 3.1 both type a and c ports on the front io since new z270 boards implemented the internal connections for them and its pretty much obvious that x99 platform will get a refresh due to the features of z270 boards, if Corsair nail all of this on a 900D update it will be a serious competitor to the new Phanteks Enthoo Elite.

Finished...

I also want to add my thoughts on this matter.

I have a 350d and i just update my hardware.I like very much the form factor and the appearance of 350d but compared to some new cases its starts to look outdated. I would love to see these features :

1) Tempered glass side panel with full visibility of the interior.

2)psu shroud that should also cover the hdds cage but please make it one piece and really clean .Maybe add a grommet on the top under gpu power connector.

3) Remove ssds and dvd cage to make room for aio cooler.

4)Top dust filters

5)make the front aluminium panel also one piece

6)Add a little depth to the back side panel to make room for better cabling management.

7)make the screws that tight side panels to hold in position and not fall when unsrew(that would be really awesome).

8)front panel usb c I/0

Some things of the list could be purchased separately (shroud dust filters)

but others would need a general overhaul. Anyways thats my wish List:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all! I'm new on the forums but I've owned several Corsair products over the years and after spending a lot of time working with the 250D through various upgrades and and tweaks I have a few suggestions for the Corsair team that I hope they will consider as an update to a case that is already near perfect in both design and function.

1. All aluminum chassis.

2. Add 5mm to the width and 5mm to the height so thicker rads and AIOs can be installed without interfering with motherboard components and taller GPUs aren't such a PITA to manage once connected. This will also create a bit more space for an upright PSU to breathe under the motherboard and the bottom case intake can be removed entirely making for one less filter to clean. Plus an upright just looks better in the case.

3. Include a front 200mm maglev fan.

4. Update the front input module to include USB-C.

5. Make the top preview window tempered glass (weight will even out with all aluminum chassis)

6. Many gamers still want an ODD so I think changing the mount to fit a slim drive instead and possibly an optional front slot load panel would be pretty sweet while allowing more headroom for airflow and other internals.

7. Make the side magnetic dust filters more rigid so fan pressure isn't moving them around behind the plate intake/exhaust.

$150 price point sound about right? Let me know your thoughts.

That's all I got for now folks! Happy gaming to all and good night! :D:

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bit dated but I wanted to chime in with my thoughts as I'm getting ready to make a new build and I am a BIG fan of Corsair and unfortunately what I am looking for in a case isn't currently offered...

First, my current build is in a 750D (which I've also built in for family members) and has been a wonderful case all-around. I love the layout, the size, the space, the simple but elegant design, etc.

However, there are three things I feel that it's missing that prevent it from being the "perfect" case:

1) Option for a clean front panel. In my last build I wanted a case where I still had the option of an optical drive, the reality is that I've used it probably 5 times the entire time I've had it and could have just as easily bought an external drive and stuck it in a drawer. For my next case I want something with no drive bays, not even with covers for them. I want it to look clean and the solution here could be an optional add-on, alter the 750D to allow people to purchase a different front panel and remove the 5.25 bays completely.

2) PSU shroud and modular "covers". I'm a big fan of the ability to hide the cables and having a PSU shroud and some additional metal covers for the lower section (to cover a drive bay) would be awesome. I want to make the focus of my build the "good" stuff and I don't want to have to make one. This could also be an "optional" buy, I'll gladly pay extra for it but I want it designed for and made for the case by Corsair and not someone else.

3) Tempered glass panels on the sides. It's tragic that there isn't a top end full tower Corsair case with tempered glass and the 750D is (IMO) the sweet spot for flexibility without going crazy on size. I don't want a case as big as the 900D, but I still want the ability to fit the radiators and water cooling and be able to show it off.

There are competitors with cases that LOOK great and have all these options, but they don't have the build quality, the spaciousness, the flexibility of cooling options, etc. I've looked at all the options and nothing really matches the overall quality of the 750D, and if I could have these things (even as add-ons) I'd jump on it in a heartbeat!

A Smaller ITX case, design it around a SFX power supply...We don't need full ATX power supplies in small form factor PC's,same as optical drives it's just wasted space:!:.

The DAN Case A4-SFX and Ncase are very hot sellers if you can make or redesign the 250D to something comparable in size while keeping the same price point it would be extremely popular.

Well besides updating the cases with newer USB ports (3.1 and beyond) maybe try to attract the RGB crowd with more temper glass cases (both premium and affordable versions) with atx, mini atx, full atx...

Or for people who like sleek cases (solid panel, no glass, no RGB, just simple black) update/create more carbide cases...

But maybe create cases with improvements to air flow (still need air to cool water blocks...) and maybe with modularity/ease of access of changing parts in mind.

Create some new shape for cases? can't always be the same Cuboid shape forever...

I would like for more 380t cases to be made, but that's been said to not happen so I would like one that only supports up to mini-itx, doesn't have a 5.25" drive bay, supports up to 290mm in graphics card length, has only one carrying handle, is light, and is small (if you'll notice the 380t had all of these attributes). Although, I wouldn't be that upset if it supported micro atx and had a 5.25" drive bay, but that would be larger than necessary for what I plan to put into the motherboard and I wouldn't use the drive bay. Also, it would be great if it has a yellow coloring scheme option, and it would be cool if it was designed to be fairly quiet (by using sound damping materials, for example).

Just chiming in...keep the ideas coming guys as we do want feedback from all of you. We're always working on new designs, and if the market demands a feature, it can be reviewed and become part of a new release.

Simple things.

780T/750D (6 HDD bays) on the inside, Corsair One / Glaive like aesthetic on the outside. PSU Shroud. Side door. USB-C ports.

I like the (tron) visual design of the One and the Glaive because they're not too aggressive, but can still be fancy if you want them to be.

What I'm looking for above would probably fit the graphite range more than obsidian. I'd just like my next case to match the peripherals.

• 2 months later...

Hello, newbie here. :D:

Simple designs but with more modularity

I liked the Carbides (400C or the "unconventional" 600C), also liked the 460x and 570x. I'd love to see more modularity, and maybe things like optional vertical gpu for example? :o:

The 760T to me is by far the best case design Corsair ever made, it just needs 2 improvements to be even better!

[760T v2]

>> Tempered Glass Windowed that (Swivels) open on (Both sides)<<

A perfect example > Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass and Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV mATX Tempered Glass.

>> I/O Panel, RGB LED <<

That's all we get? The default replacement for the Red or White I/O Panel, Since the 760T launched one would think that Corsair would had made at least Red, White, Blue, Green and Yellow for each individual who wants to match their color theme.

Corsair please make this come true for the 760T!!!:laughing:

6) The Graphite 760T has no airflow on the top of the case
:thinking:Has no Airflow on top of the case?...You either don't own one or you're doing something terribly wrong.

Only thing that can stop the top Airflow on the 760T is the Top Panel Magnetic Cover...

:roll:Simple solution > take off the Magnetic Cover...before powering the beast and when you're done for the day turn it off put the Magnetic Cover back, no dust will fall in the case from above.

If you consider that a everyday hassle, just buy a Top Magnetic Filter from

http://2017.demcifilter.com.comalytics.com/Corsair-760T-Top-Dust-Filter

Yeah, I'd love to see a new mATX case. Obsidian and Air 240 are not so good right now. I'm looking forward to buy an Obsidian looking case but without the 5.25" support and enough space in the front for me to put 2x 3.5" drives + my H100i v2.

I have an air 240 and I'm looking to rebuild because of GPU height limitations; but so far, corsair doesn't have interesting offerings in that format. I might have to end up using a full ATX case and other makers have more interesting offerings in that format.

I really don't care for TG, I have small children and I even feel it might be a bit dangerous.

Archived