Corsair Community

M65 Elite left click failing

For over the past 2 - 3 months ive been TRYING with Corsair support about my M65 Elite mouse as Left Click button is only registering maybe half the clicks and is so annoying.

Ive reinstalled iCue, reflashed mouse firmware, even done the hard reset method by holding both left and right click buttons while re plugging the mouse back in and holding for 10 - 15 seconds after.

Nothing has resolved this. I have not gotten any response whatsoever from support at all. This mouse was purchased back in February and was only usable for 2 months..... so sad and I love my Corsair products but if this is how they do "warranty" claims by just ignoring people.... ridiculous. :(::(::(::(::(:

Last attempt is by reaching out on here. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Have they followed up with you on this? I'm experiencing the same issue with mine. My last encounter with support was a bit lackluster as it took nearly two months to get what I asked for on day one, but I'm hopeful I will have a better experience this time. Edited by Stud_Beefpiler

• Corsair Employee

@stud_beefpiler - just responded to your other thread post.

For the others, in the thread, there are a couple troubleshooting steps you can try:

Force Firmware Update in the settings tab of iCUE. Select the M65 Elite, select the Update, and then the option to Force Firmware and Update button.

Soft Rest:

1) Unplug the mouse

2) Hold left and right mouse buttons

3) Plug the mouse back in while holding the buttons

4) Release the mouse buttons after 5 sec.

If you haven't already done so, you will need to submit a ticket through our support site below:

https://support.corsair.com/

If you've already submitted a ticket, but haven't received a response yet, feel free to PM me with your ticket number and I'll follow up with our Technical Support team.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

It's a factory assembly issue. I just bought a 2nd for my wife and she was complaining about the left click issue as described in this thread. I noticed that I had to press a little harder for the button to successfully click and when clicking very lightly it wasn't working. After opening up the mouse I noticed a wire going across the left button sensor. I moved the wire to the right. Works perfectly now.

Wire going across the button interfering with a full depression

Corsair-bad.jpg

Fixed

Corsair-repaired.jpg

Edited by sblackburn

• Corsair Employee
It's a factory assembly issue. I just bought a 2nd for my wife and she was complaining about the left click issue as described in this thread. I noticed that I had to press a little harder for the button to successfully click and when clicking very lightly it wasn't working. After opening up the mouse I noticed a wire going across the left button sensor. I moved the wire to the right. Works perfectly now.

Corsair-bad.jpg

Fixed

Corsair-repaired.jpg

Thanks for the post and feedback. I forwarded the post and images to our engineering team and they will be looking into it.

Corsair-bad.jpg

Fixed

Corsair-repaired.jpg

I just had to make an account to reply to this, but this actually worked! This saved me a refurbish process, so thanks a lot.

When I opened the mouse, the little cable wasn't seemingly blocking anything, but I still moved it to the side as much as possible. Issues were fixed instantly. I also tested the Omron switch beforehand, confirming that the switch itself never missed a click.

It surely is a design flaw, but I wonder how this issue just suddenly started out of nowhere the other day. My mouse is only 3 months old and didn't fall or get bumped or anything afaik.

Also I have to praise who decided this mouse should be relatively easy to open for diagnosis or basic repair. With my previous Corsair mouse, I had to remove all the gliding pads to even get to the screws. This one required only two screws that are both reachable. So progress there!

Now the (hopefully long) wait starts for when the double clicking issue starts, which is how my last mouse ended up dying.

EDIT: Never mind. It was fixed yesterday, but today when I started my PC, the problem was back. Seems even worse now than before. How in the world does this even happen?

Edited by Kleaver

• Corsair Employee
I just had to make an account to reply to this, but this actually worked! This saved me a refurbish process, so thanks a lot.

When I opened the mouse, the little cable wasn't seemingly blocking anything, but I still moved it to the side as much as possible. Issues were fixed instantly. I also tested the Omron switch beforehand, confirming that the switch itself never missed a click.

It surely is a design flaw, but I wonder how this issue just suddenly started out of nowhere the other day. My mouse is only 3 months old and didn't fall or get bumped or anything afaik.

Also I have to praise who decided this mouse should be relatively easy to open for diagnosis or basic repair. With my previous Corsair mouse, I had to remove all the gliding pads to even get to the screws. This one required only two screws that are both reachable. So progress there!

Now the (hopefully long) wait starts for when the double clicking issue starts, which is how my last mouse ended up dying.

EDIT: Never mind. It was fixed yesterday, but today when I started my PC, the problem was back. Seems even worse now than before. How in the world does this even happen?

We would recommend you contact our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com

I have to take back my fix because just like Kleaver today I'm back to the same old clicks being missed. I can replicate this issue easily when pressing very lightly on the mouse button. Even though I hear a click it is missed by the OS. I opened the mouse and clicked the little blue omron button. Pressing down with a small screw driver very gently I hear the same click and it is missed by the OS. Using the same gentle push I keep the mouse button depressed for 2-3 seconds and nothing. When pressing slightly harder it works fine. So the issue is the omron switch itself which should be replaced.

Clicking the right mouse button the same way (mouse open) I can definitely hear a different sharper click from the omron switch and this one works great. Since the mouse is pretty useless now (frustrating to use) I'm thinking of attempting to desolder and resolder the 2 omron buttons switching them around.

However even thought the mouse is only 1 month old I'm too lazy to go through the refurbishing process. Bought my wife a cheap $16 Microsoft classic mouse instead.

Edited by sblackburn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After a first issue with this I got a replacement through my seller. The replacement is now also showing the issue. And the mouse shows the same issue under a completely stock Linux kernel, pointing towards a possible hardware issue.

Thing being, I don't remember that in the first months a light press only wouldn't register. They'd always register. It's just been recently that I miss clicks, which was not an issue before. My M65 Pro never had this.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Same problem.

Bought: January 2022

Problem started: March 2022

Tested:

• Polling rate 125, 250, 500, 1000. Problem persists.
  • Soft resetting with unplug and replug while holding both buttons for 5 seconds. Problem persists.