Corsair Community

XD5 HydroX pumps LED

Hi - Are there a way to connect the LED header to a RGB HUB that then connects to the commander pro? or should it go directly to the commander pro?

(RGB Hub = 4 pins and XD5 heaader is 3 pins)

would love to have light in these pumps and blocks.

theTower900.jpg

Edited by hamselvdk

Ideally, you'll go straight to the Commander Pro. If you have one and you have an open channel, that'll work just fine.

There is an adapter that will allow you to connect this to a fan hub with existing fans at http://www.piratedogtech.com (Fan Hub to Strip/Lighting Channel adapter). However, control of the RGB would be adding the HydroX "as fans" - they wouldn't have independent control.

Ideally, you'll go straight to the Commander Pro. If you have one and you have an open channel, that'll work just fine.

There is an adapter that will allow you to connect this to a fan hub with existing fans at http://www.piratedogtech.com (Fan Hub to Strip/Lighting Channel adapter). However, control of the RGB would be adding the HydroX "as fans" - they wouldn't have independent control.

Thank you .. I thought of that .. I have the PWM to the motherboard so I have temp controlling the pumps. I will see if I cant make a cord long enough to go to one of my 2 Commander pro's ...

Secondary question, if I daisy chain the CX-9040004-WW with the XG7 RGB for my GPU or the HydroX Cpu cooler, will I still be able to control it individually?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you .. I thought of that .. I have the PWM to the motherboard so I have temp controlling the pumps. I will see if I cant make a cord long enough to go to one of my 2 Commander pro's ...

Secondary question, if I daisy chain the CX-9040004-WW with the XG7 RGB for my GPU or the HydroX Cpu cooler, will I still be able to control it individually?

Thanks in advance.

If it's daisy-chained ... yes. Kinda. they'd still need to be configured "as fans" ... just like the rest of the fans on the fan hub. Depending on what fans they are, you may have to go through some contortions to get them all to light up.

The Fan Hub => Lighting Channel adapter will duplicate the RGB signal to the next device in line. So, again, depending on what fans you have on there, you might need to put HydroX on fan port 1 and have it duplicate the first 2-3 fans.

It's not ideal but it can work.

• 3 weeks later...