Corsair Community

Something wierd with H80 and Link Commander

Rassal

Hi,

I just have to say, thanks for everyone here, i read all around and managed to get everything working under windows 8 and got my Link working with the cooling node.

Now, i am controling my H80 with the Commander Link plugged in channel 1. It works well because after a couple of installs, firmware updates and such, now i get to see my H80 Pump speed, H80 Temp.

I can also see my cooling node 2 fans that i am controling with Link.

The only wierd thing i find since i upgraded to software 2.1.1 (with commander link at FW 2.0.6) is that my H80 Fan only detects 1 fan... even if i play around with it, reset the H80 to factory, the white man lights up so the link gets control, i only see H80 Fan 1.

Weird enough, when i do change the fan speed with the Corsair Link software i can see BOTH fans getting along and raising or lowering speed. I am using the stock fans that comes with the H80.

When i was on 1.2.7 with it, i could see H80 Fan1 and H80 Fan2, but ever since i upgraded to 2.1.1 with firmware 2.0.6 on the commander... which i reflashed a couple of times, and also reflashed a couple of times the H80 firmware, nothing changed... only getting one fan for H80...

Is this normal?

Well... i am not using the cooling firmware for the H80 Fans... i have no problem on the cooling node. THe problem i am talking about is regarding the 2 H80 fans the corsair ones, that are plugged in the H80 pump itself...

Nope, this doesn't work either. I even tried other brands of fans... 3 or 4 pins... same result.

Don't get me wrong here, both fans are working and they both rotate at the same speed, i only get to see 1 fan in the Commander software v2.1.1. When i adjust the speed, they BOTH adjust to the same speed, so in some way, it works, but can't seem to adjust them separately.

Archived