Corsair Community

Corsair icue keyboard lighting efects

AlecaialexOMG

The K55 has a more limited set of lighting capabilities compared to the rest of the line in a higher price bracket. Generally, some devices will be more limited based on their nature. There is only so much you can do with a mouse that has two lighting zones, so there will be fewer choices. LL and QL fans likely have the most. We could probably do with another few preset effects for keyboards, but the custom effects are near limitless.

The K55 has a more limited set of lighting capabilities compared to the rest of the line in a higher price bracket. Generally, some devices will be more limited based on their nature. There is only so much you can do with a mouse that has two lighting zones, so there will be fewer choices. LL and QL fans likely have the most. We could probably do with another few preset effects for keyboards, but the custom effects are near limitless.

Can Icreate and efect of a solid color, but when I press one key, it lights up for a second?

That actually is a question of mine as well and this came up in another context the other day. I am not certain the K55 has the "type lighting" of the other higher series keyboards. When you hit the + to add a lighting effect in the keyboard/lighting tab, it should be in the left side of the drop down menu near the bottom. However, the complaint was this caused the entire keyboard to change color rather than per key. I don't have a K55 to verify, but I seem to remember this coming up before. Other keyboards have a "type lighting ripple vs Key" toggle, but the K55 might not do either.

That actually is a question of mine as well and this came up in another context the other day. I am not certain the K55 has the "type lighting" of the other higher series keyboards. When you hit the + to add a lighting effect in the keyboard/lighting tab, it should be in the left side of the drop down menu near the bottom. However, the complaint was this caused the entire keyboard to change color rather than per key. I don't have a K55 to verify, but I seem to remember this coming up before. Other keyboards have a "type lighting ripple vs Key" toggle, but the K55 might not do either.

No, sadly it doesn't