Corsair Community

Vengeance K70 Stopped working, but detected by Windows

Hi all,

My Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red from 2014 (CH-9000011-ES Non-RGB) just stopped working. It doesn't show any sign of life, no lights and no nothing. When it's connected to the PC, it is detected by Windows (It shows up in device manager too).

It just stopped working from one day to another, yesterday it was just ok.

I tried the "Hold the ESC button while connecting" thing but nothing happens. I tried re-updating the firmware to the 1.09FW/1.3SW (the only firmware I cant find online and the same firmware already present in my K70) but it fails to do so showing an "Failed to update firmware" error. I wasn't able to find a previous firmware version to flash to it.

I want to bring back to life my loved keyboard :[pouts:

I contacted Corsair through e-mail but I really don't expect the definitive solution. If I could send to somebody to fix it, I would really do it.

Thanks everyone!!

Same issue popped up for me today. I have the k70 rgb rapidfire. I noticed at first the keys were blinking, before finding out that it was sending data for key presses w/o being pressed(used keyboard tester). Did the softreset for keyboard, updated bios and drivers. As weird as it seems it happens more frequently when i turn up the brightness slider for my keyboard (I haven't messed with it in over a year) about once every second. With it off its once every minute or so as I type this. Going to see if I can find a firmware update to see if that helps.

edit: even though reinstalled icue, did a repair for hell of it and for now seems ok with brightness up? (5 min in) will see if that changes in the next for hours.

edit: next day so far all seems good apart from issue now having with some of the lights not changing colors.

Edited by wingz

Same issue popped up for me today. I have the k70 rgb rapidfire. I noticed at first the keys were blinking, before finding out that it was sending data for key presses w/o being pressed(used keyboard tester). Did the softreset for keyboard, updated bios and drivers. As weird as it seems it happens more frequently when i turn up the brightness slider for my keyboard (I haven't messed with it in over a year) about once every second. With it off its once every minute or so as I type this. Going to see if I can find a firmware update to see if that helps.

edit: even though reinstalled icue, did a repair for hell of it and for now seems ok with brightness up? (5 min in) will see if that changes in the next for hours.

edit: next day so far all seems good apart from issue now having with some of the lights not changing colors.

Hi wingz,

Thanks for your reply, I'm happy that your K70 RGB Rapidfire works at all, even if the lights doesn't behave as expected, but your problem is not the same at all as mine.

Your keyboard is the Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire, but mine is the Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red from 2014. In other hand, my keyboard doesn't send any signs of life: No lights, no reaction and no nothing apart from it being detected by Windows.

If someone could give me some kind of solution, even a DIY solution like disassembling the keboard and looking for a ¿fuse? or something like it, or a firmware update previous to the 1.09FW/1.3SW version (the only you can find online).

Greetings.

Hi all,

I just replied to another thread about the same problem as mine in Spanish to make my problem more visible here: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=188101

Greetings!

edit: Just to add info, I tested the keyboard in 3 different computers, including USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, but nothing

Edited by Mariocoleguilla
Add info

Hi all,

I just replied to another thread about the same problem as mine in Spanish to make my problem more visible here: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=188101

Greetings!

edit: Just to add info, I tested the keyboard in 3 different computers, including USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, but nothing

Hi, after 1 year I couldn't get it fixed, corsair told me that they didn't have service to repair it and that I didn't have a product warranty.

I would like to know if you have been able to repair it, I liked the keyboard was very functional for me.

Thanks.