Corsair Community

LL with ML setup using Lightning Node CORE and NoPro

Gol D Chris

Hello,

I'm building a PC in about a week and am currently ordering parts.

My case is the Corsair iCUE 465X with an included Lightning Node CORE and 3x LL120 fans (pre-installed in the front).

I'll also have a H100i RGB Platinum AIO which I planned to install on the top side, but I heard that it won't fit due to my RAM (G.Skill 2x 16 GB Trident Z Neo; 44mm height).

The new plan is to install the radiator in the front like this

ML - Rad - LL

ML - Rad - LL Front

___ - ___ - LL

The ML fans would be the ones included in the AIO and are for the rad. So they would be connected only to the pump, wouldn't they?

These fans would be inhale fans.

This way I have still place for three more 120mm fans (2 top, 1 rear) so I think about buying a 3 pack of LL/ML fans which will include a NoPro.

My mainboard is an Asus Rog Strix x570-e Gaming (if that matters).

I think I buy ML fans because their performance is better than LL, but I'm not sure if it works as intended.

I can't mix LL and ML fans on a Lightning Node CORE, but does it work with a NoPro?

If it doesn't work I should be fine with connecting the Lighting Node CORE and NoPro directly to the Motherboard instead of connecting the Core into the NoPro?

And if this doesn't work I would buy 3x LL fans and connect the Core into the NoPro (which should help with cable management too)

You can mix and match LL, HD, and ML fans on a lighting controller, but you can only designate 1 type. This means the software will see them all as ML, HD, or LL and the light count will be off. This does not matter for whole fan effects light static colors, color shifts, etc., but will impact moving patterns and choices.

To your original question, you won't need the LNP and should shop for the LL based on price alone. The Lighting Node Core is a Lighting Node Pro combined with its RGB Lighting Hub. If you get three more LL fans, they will plug into the LNC with the other LL. In terms of numbers and control, you will keep the ML radiator fans on Platinum's controller for power and lighting. Those fans will be accessed through the cooler's page in iCUE and the LLs will be on the LNC page. They will act as separate units.

Thank you very much!

To your original question, you won't need the LNP and should shop for the LL based on price alone.

The cost difference of LL and ML triple packs is about a euro.

I'm probably going to buy the LL based on your answer, but that part makes me wonder why based on price alone when the difference is so small? 😅

LL are probably still the better choice, since I can control all my fans probably without wasting a second internal USB port

The cost difference of LL and ML triple packs is about a euro.

In that case you get the triple pack and pocket the LNP and the extra hub for another day. They may have future value as an expansion or as a immediate replacement if something goes wrong with the LNC.

At full MSRP, the single vs mult-packs usually make more sense, but now quite a ways into the product cycle you see the multi-packs on sale more often making 3 singles a bad buy. Whether that is a function of total price and available margin, storage space, or something else I don't know. Even when the difference is $5-10, I still usually counsel people to get the multi-pack. Trying to get your hands on an extra RGB Lighting Hub is not always easy and its nice to have other options.