Corsair Community

Any advice on a new MOBO and CPU

If you are going to go that route I would do some research on what ports (sata, nvme, ect) get disabled when using some of the PCIe slots on the board you choose. Using crossfire or SLI can limit you on other expansion. I'd look at the higher end boards and look for ones that will have PLX chips to help mitigate bandwidth issues. Just an FYI any time you use a PLX chip you inherently add latency.

TLDR based on what you currently have I wouldn't upgrade to Z370 I would save up for X299 or X399. its steep but it is worth it when you go with 2 cards.

unfortunately I cant afford that right now and I already got the z370..I will probably get the x399 when i get an i9..

dont laugh but what exactly is a NVMe and m.2? I read somewhere its the newer faster SSD? is it worth getting?....if it s not to expensive I would not mind trying to get one

No worries, M.2 is the form factor. They come in a few different physical sizes but they are about gum stick sized. The NVMe part is how it sends data. Basically its a PCIe x4 slot for an SSD or anything else that slots in. They are REALLY fast, You can push almost 3GBs per second out of some of them.

They are nice to have if you have any large files that need to be read quickly. like if you play games that have large textures or if you do any video editing.

There are other things that use that port but here is what the ssd looks like on a board.

91GwjEipf4L._SL1500_.jpg

Archived