The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 01:47 PM
lap0918's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751869
lap0918 Reputation: 10
Default H100i and Link Software

Okay, I need some help. I just put together a new build and I am having some trouble with the Link software and the H100i CPU cooler. Since Day 1, after installing both the cooler and the software, I was unable to get the H100i to show up in the Link Software. I have spent a week combing the forums here and trying a multitude of the little tricks, fixes, and workarounds and I finally ended up with the final result: The only way I could get this all to work together is to plug the cooler into an external USB 3.0 port and route the cable out the back of my Corsair case through an open peripheral slot. All of my USB 2.0 ports work for other hardware, but for some reason they will not work for the H100i Cooler. I was hoping someone here might have an idea why this might be so? From all the research and reading I have done, this cooler is not supposed to require USB 3.0. I will note that I am using the latest version of the link software (2.7.5361) and updated chipset and MB drivers.

Last edited by lap0918; 01-08-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Grammer and missing information

Old 01-08-2015, 02:10 PM
lap0918's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751874

Quote:
Originally Posted by lap0918 View Post
Okay, I need some help. I just put together a new build and I am having some trouble with the Link software and the H100i CPU cooler. Since Day 1, after installing both the cooler and the software, I was unable to get the H100i to show up in the Link Software. I have spent a week combing the forums here and trying a multitude of the little tricks, fixes, and workarounds and I finally ended up with the final result: The only way I could get this all to work together is to plug the cooler into an external USB 3.0 port and route the cable out the back of my Corsair case through an open peripheral slot. All of my USB 2.0 ports work for other hardware, but for some reason they will not work for the H100i Cooler. I was hoping someone here might have an idea why this might be so? From all the research and reading I have done, this cooler is not supposed to require USB 3.0. I will note that I am using the latest version of the link software (2.7.5361) and updated chipset and MB drivers.
I am also having an issue where the software is not starting up when windows starts, even though I have the software configured to do so and it does not minimize to the notification area.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:57 PM

POST ID # = 751921
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

What happens if the H100i is connected to the USB 2.0 ports?
Latest BIOS?

For the Windows start upon logon, make sure there is a Corsair LINK entry in Task Scheduler. Make sure you save the profile after ticking "Start Minimised".

Old 01-09-2015, 02:49 AM
lap0918's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
What happens if the H100i is connected to the USB 2.0 ports?
Latest BIOS?

For the Windows start upon logon, make sure there is a Corsair LINK entry in Task Scheduler. Make sure you save the profile after ticking "Start Minimised".
To answer the first question, after finding out that it worked on the USB 3.0 port, I went back and retried plugging into both the internal USB header again as well as multiple external 2.0 ports and no joy. Each time, the cooler disappeared from the devices tab under options, leaving blank gauges and meters on the system tab. However since everything is working on the USB 3.0 port, I was able to finally update the firmware on the cooler so I will try the USB 2.0 again and see if it goes. As for my bios version, unfortunately, this MB only has one bios release so far. There is a beta release at this point, but the only improvement so far is processor support.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:28 AM
lap0918's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752022

Oops, forgot the rest. As for the windows start upon login, according to the task manager, the process is starting and running, but no icon appears in the task tray and I am unable to do a quick mode change. I checked the task scheduler and it appears to be there and running.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Task manager.bmp (555.3 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg Task Sched.jpg (304.3 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg CLink.jpg (380.0 KB, 191 views)

Old 01-09-2015, 03:39 PM
lap0918's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752143

An update to one of the issues...I finally got the software to show in the task tray, but to do it I had to delete the start-up task from the task scheduler, and start it manually every time. I am okay with this as a work around, but it should work better than this.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Blade Runner's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752609
Blade Runner Reputation: 10

New build here. x99 with i75930. Unable to see or modify 100i in Corsair control panel. I see all my fans except for the Corsair 100i. Which in a way is kind of funny. But I would like to know that it is working properly and I would like to change the color of my LED which is one of the reason I bought it.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:35 AM

POST ID # = 752719
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Is the H100i detected in Windows correctly? You can check by looking for "Integrated USB Bridge" in Device and Printers.
How is the H100i connected to the motherboard? via a mini USB B to type A cable or using the included cable?

Old 01-12-2015, 06:11 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752727
red-ray Reputation: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
New build here. x99 with i75930. Unable to see or modify 100i in Corsair control panel. I see all my fans except for the Corsair 100i. Which in a way is kind of funny. But I would like to know that it is working properly and I would like to change the color of my LED which is one of the reason I bought it.
What does my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility report on the [USB Bus] and [Link Devices] panels? Have you set EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled to zero?

Old 01-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Laoch's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752829
Laoch Reputation: 10

Had same problem, can't see H100i fans and pump, I found this:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...0&postcount=19

Now I see everything and works fine.

I have Windows 7

Old 01-13-2015, 05:07 AM
lap0918's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753121

Quote:
Originally Posted by lap0918 View Post
To answer the first question, after finding out that it worked on the USB 3.0 port, I went back and retried plugging into both the internal USB header again as well as multiple external 2.0 ports and no joy. Each time, the cooler disappeared from the devices tab under options, leaving blank gauges and meters on the system tab. However since everything is working on the USB 3.0 port, I was able to finally update the firmware on the cooler so I will try the USB 2.0 again and see if it goes. As for my bios version, unfortunately, this MB only has one bios release so far. There is a beta release at this point, but the only improvement so far is processor support.
Okay, here is what I have working and what still does not work.
  1. My H100i only shows up in the latest link software release using USB 3.0 port, even after updating everything from MB drivers to Windows to firmware. I can live with that, although I don't really like having to jimmyrig a cable through an open peripheral slot to plug it in. It looks tacky.
  2. So far, the software is working and controlling everything it is supposed to: fans, pump, LED.
My first remaining issue is not really an issue but deserves an honorable mention, is that I cannot set the Link software to start on system start. When I do, it starts a process running, but it does not show in the system task tray. I have to start it manually after the system start is complete. Being as I start as little as possible on start up anyway, no problem for me. However, as I stated previously, it should work better than this.
My second issue is that when I open the Link window from the task tray, it automatically switches modes. I usually have running in quiet mode, but when opening the Link window, it changes to balanced mode. This more of a nuisance issue as well, but this should be fixed also.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:15 AM
GuntherM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753432
GuntherM Reputation: 10

Hi guys, I'm new here and have a little question about the pump LED, link software is running fine on most features, but when I set the pump LED to blue and save the profile and I restart my computer the led turns pink. Every time, is this issue a bug? Because now I have to change it manually every time when I start up my PC. Thanks for your time.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:49 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753435
red-ray Reputation: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuntherM View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here and have a little question about the pump LED, link software is running fine on most features, but when I set the pump LED to blue and save the profile and I restart my computer the led turns pink. Every time, is this issue a bug? Because now I have to change it manually every time when I start up my PC. Thanks for your time.
What device is it? I guess it's an H80i/H100i and assuming this then yes, there is a firmware bug. Set Red and Green to 1 rather than 0 to work round this.

You have "16Gb 6x 2 Gb CM3X2G1600C8D", but 6 x 2 = 12, not 16!

Old 01-14-2015, 07:27 AM
GuntherM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753437
GuntherM Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
What device is it? I guess it's an H80i/H100i and assuming this then yes, there is a firmware bug. Set Red and Green to 1 rather than 0 to work round this.

You have "16Gb 6x 2 Gb CM3X2G1600C8D", but 6 x 2 = 12, not 16!
Whoops you are right, it's 12Gb haha, ok it was early this morning, yes it's a H100i, ok thanks gonna try this, thanks!

Last edited by GuntherM; 01-14-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Tags
corsair link, h100i, link software