Corsair Community

Corsair PSU RM 750 or HX 650 Bronze?

Harish

Hi my name's Harish and i would like some advice on selecting a PSU for upgrade.

I have done some research and rounded down my option's to RM 750 AND HX 650 Bronze.

But my biggest worry is about some Heat issues rising in the RM 750 PSU's,

because i live in Chennai, INDIA and the temperatures here rise upto 42 Deg Celsius. Even though the PC is in a Air Conditioned room when starting up in the morning the ambient temperatures are very high and takes time to cool down.

Will the PSU work in these conditions. Is all the issue's in the RM 750 been resolved.

I have this doubt because my Corsair CX430M PSU recently blew the primary capacitors and had a hard time dealing with local Corsair authorized service center.

The HX 650 is good and cheaper than RM also its max operating temp is 50 deg celsius but i wanted a fully modular PSU that is why my heart is set on RM750. Moreover the HX650 available here is bronze certified not gold.

Please tell me in one word is the HX 650 BETTER or the RM 750 is better.

One more thing the current spec of my pc is moderate but i am planning to upgrade it to an i7 soon. So the PSU should be future proof too.

Future PC Spec

Core i7 4770K

MSI MPOWER Z87 Board

Saffire R9 270X

16GB 4X4 Ram

2 Hard Drives

• Corsair Employee

But my biggest worry is about some Heat issues rising in the RM 750 PSU's,

because i live in Chennai, INDIA and the temperatures here rise upto 42 Deg Celsius. Even though the PC is in a Air Conditioned room when starting up in the morning the ambient temperatures are very high and takes time to cool down.

Will the PSU work in these conditions. Is all the issue's in the RM 750 been resolved.

The problem with RM and heat was limited to the very first production run. It's long been resolved.

I have this doubt because my Corsair CX430M PSU recently blew the primary capacitors and had a hard time dealing with local Corsair authorized service center.

If your primary capacitor blew, it's very unlikely that was caused by heat. Most likely, especially given your location, the problem was caused by poor AC mains. Are you using your PC with a UPS?

The HX 650 is good and cheaper than RM also its max operating temp is 50 deg celsius but i wanted a fully modular PSU that is why my heart is set on RM750. Moreover the HX650 available here is bronze certified not gold.

If it is an HX Bronze, it is quite an old unit. The HX Gold is far superior to the RM, but I wouldn't trust any PSU that's been sitting on a store shelf for over five years.

Archived