Corsair Community

Corsair a100 BIOS

Is there any plans to release an updated BIOS for the a100 to support the new Ryzen processors?

Asus has some posted for the Strix x570-I Gaming, but I tried flashing that and it told me it wasn't a proper BIOS file.

I'm assuming this is a special 'partner' version of the x570-i Gaming... since the motherboard doesn't have and HDMI and DisplayPorts that are shown on the ASUS product.

And yes, I've reached out to ASUS on this, they keep telling me to flash the BIOS that isn't working.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Corsair not planning on any BIOS updates for these machines?

There have been several micro-code updates for Ryzen processors that weren't for in-socket compatibility with newer products. Some have been for performance and some have been for security purposes.

The only way to get these micro-code updates is via BIOS updates.

• 3 weeks later...

SO by chance I looked at the a100 product support page today... and lo and behold... there was a BIOS update...

Do you know if this BIOS update supports the 5000 series chips?

It looks like it was published on 8/4 which means it could be based off of either the v2407 or v2606 BIOS... the v2606 having support for 5000 series chips

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't really expecting an answer from them. I don't expect to get any level of support from Corsair anymore.

This was the first pre-built system I've bought in almost 2 decades. I bought it because I liked the case and all indications pointed to off-the-shelf hardware that I could upgrade later (albeit a bit more difficult). I see now that the situation hasn't improved, if anything it has gotten worse.

• 3 months later...

Are we going to get more anymore BIOS updates from Corsair from this product, or have they completely abandoned it?

Version 9013 was published on 8/4/2020. Looking at the support page for the retail version of this motherboard there have been at least 6, possibly 7 BIOS updates since then.

This isn't about just having support for the new processors and/or new features. They have been several compatibility, stability and performance improvements.

Corsair needs to support the products that they sell, and that includes updated software and firmware. I would be fine with downloading and updating my BIOS directly from ASUS, but Corsair chose to fork the BIOS so I cannot do that.

You took on the responsibility of providing the updates when you chose to fork the BIOS / tweak the hardware. We need updated BIOS for this machine.

I think we have our answer, Corsair has abandoned these systems. At least I have an RGB paperweight...

Oh wait... I had to uninstall iCUE because of a bug that wouldn't turn my fan on. at all.

At least I have a _G_ paperweight. Thanks Corsair.

I have been unable to use iCUE since pretty much day 1 because the logs indicate that there are USB timeouts. The timeouts cause iCUE to either reboot the fan / lighting controller or set a flat 0% fan curve.

I've already reached out to support when the issue started happening, they asked me if the reason my computer was overheating was due to it being summer time. When I finally got them to understand that it was iCUE turning off the fan, they said they had to contact the iCUE team. I never heard back from them again, they ghosted me. I ended up uninstalling iCUE and connecting the fan to the motherboard set to full speed. If I left iCUE installed, I'd constantly hear USB disconnect sounds ever time it rebooted the lighting controller.

This is been an ongoing issue with a lot X570 boards from different vendors and various Corsair devices as documented in this Thread. It also happens with various VR headsets which basically makes them unusable. This is not an issue that is unique to the CorsairOne, by any means.

AMD is aware of this issue and is currently looking into it. In this Reddit post They asked people having the issue to reach out to support so they can gather more information. I did that yesterday and they asked me to ensure my BIOS is up to date.

I have managed to make my system stable by only using 4 external USB ports that haven't shown this issue. I cannot use any of the internal USB connectors, they all have the problem. I've ended up connecting 3 hubs to 4 USB ports in order to connect all of my USB devices.

AMD has suggested that I update my BIOS, but they have not said that will fix the issue. They are still looking into the problem, but if the fix ends up being a BIOS update then Corsair's policy of regarding firmware updates is going to prevent me from fixing this problem.

Edited by Azureblood2

It is official, AMD and its vendors are in the process of testing a BIOS update that will fix the above mentioned USB connectivity issues.

Will Corsair provide this BIOS update or will they continue to not support their systems that we paid a hefty premium for?

Edited by Azureblood2

• Corsair Employee

Hi, sorry for the late reply, we generally release BIOS updates to address security vulnerabilities but we review BIOS releases for major issues. If you currently have issues with USB devices on the a100, please contact our Support team directly so we can help collect information and try to assist you further.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

There is nothing Corsair support can do for me, AMD has already determined the root cause of the issue and has addressed it with a BIOS update. It is currently working with ASUS to push that update out to the retail version of this motherboard. There is nothing that Corsair support can do to resolve this issue.

This is a major issue and Corsair needs to commit to releasing a BIOS update to address it. By not releasing this BIOS update, Corsair is basically telling me they will not support the system.

• 3 weeks later...