Corsair Community

Best way to connect Asus Z270a and Corsair H100i v2

dekubik

Good day everyone! I'm just stuck during my build. In the Corsair manual is's said to connect pump to cpu_fan and fans connects to pump. And in moba manual it's said to connect pump to a aio_pump..so whose wright? Is it ok to use aio_pump and connect fans to cpu_fan+cpu_opt? Many thx)

The H100iV2 is not a pump, but rather a controller that contains pump and fan controllers and I recommend you connect it to the CPU_FAN header.

What the Corsair manual fails to specify is that you need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H100iV2 get's the constant +12 volts it needs.

Exactly what you need to do varies slightly for motherboard to motherboard. I general you should select PWM mode and typically disable smart fan, set full speed or similar.

The speed reported to the CPU_FAN header is half the pump speed which is usually 900 to 1000 RPM with the actual pump speed being 1800 to 2000 RPM.

The AIO pump fan header would be used for a cooler like the H105, or ones from other manufacturers that don't use their own fan control software. For coolers like those, you'd plug the fans into CPU_FAN(and possibly CPU_OPT), and connect the pump to the AIO_PUMP header.

I have an Asus z270 mobo with an H100i v2 cooler.

I have mine connected to the CPU Fan 1 connector. In the BIOS, I've set this to PWM mode, 100%. In Fan XPert, it gets set to 100%.

Not doing so will result in the fans not spinning. Fans not spinning is a Very Bad Thing.

While I have considered connecting it to the AIO pump connector (as you mentioned), I'm preferring to stick to the guidelines recommended by Corsair in their instructions.

Archived