Xploder Reputation: 10

Try this, no problem with my Virtuoso since I found this workaround

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192884

��

Old 01-27-2020, 04:57 PM
jase439's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033023
jase439 Reputation: 10

Honestly, given all the recent reports of audio corruption in this forum, I am surprised that Corsair has not responded given what clearly seems to be an obvious software/driver issue in Windows 10.

The lack of response from Corsair is surprising to me actually, as the Corsair of yesteryear would actively participate in these forums.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:17 PM

POST ID # = 1033154
Xetoxyc Reputation: 10

im scared that there is no response from Corsair. It seems to be a pretty common problem and there is not event a comment about if i would ever be fixed.

in current state u can just put your new 200€ headset away and play with an old 10€ one which at least works without problems

Old 02-05-2020, 02:56 PM

POST ID # = 1034018
jrez89 Reputation: 10

Bumping...I love these headphones and do not want to return them....I saw the software beta fix but the link is no longer there so I'm stuck here...

Old 02-06-2020, 03:53 PM

POST ID # = 1034161
Krysis Reputation: 10

I am on my second pair of SE headsets. Both eventually crackled and popped on low bass. It seemed to occur once the headset came out of standby mode and most of time would stop only after a reboot, however, not always.

Recently I removed the ST100 RGB headset stand from my system and rebooted. So far I have not had any crackles and pops. Maybe its a driver issue between the stands sound card and the drivers for the headset. Will continue to monitor.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:31 PM
jase439's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034694
jase439 Reputation: 10

Installed the newest iCUE, 3.25.60 today (clean install, removed all devices from device manager, etc). MIC/Audio crackling is gone (knock on wood). Curious if anyone else experienced similar.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:02 PM
gagrecco03's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038374
gagrecco03 Reputation: 10

any solutions yet?

Old 03-25-2020, 05:02 PM

POST ID # = 1038832
wobbly Reputation: 10

Sadly I had to return my Virtuoso headset because of a similar problem. After about 15-20 minutes the audio would go distorted and crackly. This problem never occurred when plugged in via usb.

I could reset it by unplugging the dongle, waiting a minute and plugging back in but that's not the kind of thing I want to be doing continually.

Old 04-10-2020, 01:22 AM

POST ID # = 1040742
danrdz Reputation: 10

Please tell me there's a fix for this. I've had this headset for about a week. Wow, this is incredibly annoying. Wired, fantastic experience. Wireless fantastic experience until it's worth throwing them against the wall and simply destroying them. They have me so mad that my money back is not enough. I might as well simply destroy them and upload my video to youtube. This is bad. Tried all the fixes posted in this thread to no avail. What's next?

Old 05-18-2020, 12:33 AM

POST ID # = 1046690
Perryy Reputation: 10
Default Same issue

I have the same issue. It only seems to be when i play Overwatch but all the sound is very quiet and i hear a crackling sound. It's only when in the wireless mode. When i switch to wired mode and connect it via USB, its much louder and no crackling. The long USB-C cable supplied with the headset doesnt connect my headset to the computer. It only charges the battery. Which is annoying as i only have a short spare USB-C type cable that i have to to use.

really need a fix for this. I have unistalled iCue and all my drivers etc but nothing seems to fix the issue.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:32 PM

POST ID # = 1048556
polarbass Reputation: 10

The solution for me is to go back to the Headset Earphone Properties ( inside the sound control panel ) and look at the 'Advanced' tab format. For some reason when it's clipping it's using some weird format like 8 channel. Just select the normal '2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz ( Studio Quality )' and it fix the problem.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:22 PM

POST ID # = 1048990
CrashUK Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbass View Post
The solution for me is to go back to the Headset Earphone Properties ( inside the sound control panel ) and look at the 'Advanced' tab format. For some reason when it's clipping it's using some weird format like 8 channel. Just select the normal '2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz ( Studio Quality )' and it fix the problem.
I work in IT as noc engineer and you are spot on, This cause by Dolby surround processing on the iCUE software, I try a number of versions and all do the same thing low and high volume, Random sound cuts, Distorted sound, audio crackle. Some games doing it more then others and radio steam as well. . If you switch to Windows's Spatial sound it will fixed the issue. Some people report no issue in wired mode this may be due to Dolby surround processing and the sound compression over wireless.

I am still running the iCUE software with DTX: Headphone:X and Equalizer APO, I dont know if I will stick with DTX but on 14 day trial.

Also I running the latest version of iCUE and the USB flashing red then turns off but does not impact sound quality. Quit iCUE and the light comes back on.

Corsair should to move DTX or dolby atmos, I dont think this issue is fixed able with the current dolby version. .

Old 06-04-2020, 05:43 PM

POST ID # = 1049274
CrashUK Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashUK View Post
I work in IT as noc engineer and you are spot on, This cause by Dolby surround processing on the iCUE software, I try a number of versions and all do the same thing low and high volume, Random sound cuts, Distorted sound, audio crackle. Some games doing it more then others and radio steam as well. . If you switch to Windows's Spatial sound it will fixed the issue. Some people report no issue in wired mode this may be due to Dolby surround processing and the sound compression over wireless.

I am still running the iCUE software with DTX: Headphone:X and Equalizer APO, I dont know if I will stick with DTX but on 14 day trial.

Also I running the latest version of iCUE and the USB flashing red then turns off but does not impact sound quality. Quit iCUE and the light comes back on.

Corsair should to move DTX or dolby atmos, I dont think this issue is fixed able with the current dolby version. .
Update: Did some more testing I found only get the audio crackle / clipping issue when set to 8 channels in wireless. In wired mode has no issue. Also just install iCUE v3.29.110 and it has fixed the issue for me. I made some sound files will which allow me to replicate the issue and the sound files no longer have the clipping / audio crackle. Also if you use any of the windows 10 DTX: Headphone:X or dolby atmos sound plugs you be limited to 16 bit sound.

Old 06-10-2020, 03:24 AM
AnomalusUndrdog's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1050028
AnomalusUndrdog Reputation: 10

After updating the headset's firmware to 0.17.149, I realized when in wired mode, no EQ setting in iCUE worked anymore (note I did not use any Windows spatial sound config, the EQ settings are not grayed out/disabled), also changing to the virtual 7.1 in iCUE had no effect. So I forced reupdating the firmware. This time, EQ now works, virtual 7.1 works, but there is a constant crackling sound when I play any audio while in virtual 7.1. It doesn't matter where I plug the USB cable, whether in a USB hub, or directly in the PC's back USB port, the crackle still happens with the virtual 7.1. Using a different USB cable also doesn't help.

But I will note that stereo mode doesn't have any problem in wired mode. Also, none of these problems occur in wireless mode.

There is also this strange problem that when I right-click my system tray's volume icon (to open Sound Settings), whatever music I was playing stops (regardless of the music player), and I have to click play again. This pausing bug only seems to happen one time after connecting the headset to the PC. If I disconnect/turn off the headset, then reconnect it, right-clicking on the volume icon makes it happen again. I never had this problem with my 2-year old SteelSeries Siberia 800.

My iCUE version is 3.29.110
Dongle firmware version is 0.16.80

EDIT: Ok I just retested now, the crackling in wired 7.1 surround seems to have diminished a lot. I can only notice a very short crackle, happens only every few minutes, a lot more tolerable, at least for now. This is a really strange headset.

EDIT 2: I think I may have figured it out for my case. I have about 80% RAM usage having dozens of Firefox tabs opened (I know, my bad). It could be something with the page file because when I alt+tab back to a program I haven't accessed in a long while (I never turn off my PC so a lot of programs just sit around), there would be an intense audio crackling for a short time while the program comes back up. I've been closing some Firefox tabs and the crackling seems to have gone completely. This might explain why it only happens sometimes. It doesn't seem to be related to CPU/GPU usage, I have Folding@Home open, which puts the CPU and GPU in intense load, and it doesn't affect my music playback. So my guess is RAM/pagefile.

Last edited by AnomalusUndrdog; 06-10-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Old 06-10-2020, 03:57 AM

POST ID # = 1050029
PanZwu Reputation: 10

latest Firmware and Software

yeah, i am having same issues here. it all boils down to the ICUE software i fear.
Whenever i close Icue (not minimize to tray) the white light comes on and everything works perfectly but no EQ.

So if we could SAVE the EQ settings directly into the Headset i wouldn't need the software.
I had some bootloop issues thanks to the HIDCLASS.sys driver aswell.
So please check your software and drivers CORSAIR, it's a pity how this great Headset suffers from poor software.