The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Hydro X Custom Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2020, 11:05 AM
Toony's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1047998
Toony Reputation: 10

yea later today or tomorrow ill pull the card out unplug the small internal connectors and see if it boots, ill know straight away if it works, soon as waterblock is on I don't even get post screen up I just get white vga light on motherboard. if it passes that ill know it boot most likely.

I have feeling most waterblocks manufacturers get the pcb design make a block say its compatible as long as screws and stuff line up and don't actually test and boot systems,

I know when I looked at ek waterblock compatability for the card most of them says visual.

but ill try disconnecting first see what happens :)

thanks a lot for the help
Old 05-28-2020, 02:46 PM
21st century digital boy
MototechRhino's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1048322
MototechRhino Reputation: 10

Could the stock fan(s) on the air cooler not being connected cause this?
Old 05-28-2020, 05:57 PM
LeDoyen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1048361
LeDoyen Reputation: 26

No. they just register as having 0RPM and the fan curve never kicks in since the GPU is suposed to be cooler.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:01 PM
Toony's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1048623

hi all,

sorry been couple days to nice weather in uk not to enjoy it haha ..

so I took the stock fan off and disconnected it put it back in the pc and it boots without any issues in to window then I switch it off, tried waterblock nothing, so if certainly must be the waterblock causing this but not sure where. only other option I got is to purchase a different waterblock see if it work and if it does then corsair maybe not suitable for the card even though there website says it is . unless anyone else has suggestion,

I emails corsair directly 2 weeks ago but still waiting on a reply.

thanks
Old 06-01-2020, 05:30 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1048798
Corsair GregX Reputation: 10

Hi!

Could you PM me your ticket number.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:08 PM

POST ID # = 1049000
Patavatar Reputation: 10
Default Same problem

Please let me know what the resolution is. I have the same Asus Geforce RTX 2070 Super Turbo and Corsair XG7 waterblock. I tested the gpu on the bench with the stock cooler and worked fine. Then I swapped it out for the XG7 and the computer wont see the card at all. In the BIOS it shows the pcie slot as being empty. Today I removed the XG7 and reinstalled the stock blower. When I tested it in the system it worked just fine with no issues. Not sure how to fix this.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:02 PM
Toony's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1049128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patavatar View Post
Please let me know what the resolution is. I have the same Asus Geforce RTX 2070 Super Turbo and Corsair XG7 waterblock. I tested the gpu on the bench with the stock cooler and worked fine. Then I swapped it out for the XG7 and the computer wont see the card at all. In the BIOS it shows the pcie slot as being empty. Today I removed the XG7 and reinstalled the stock blower. When I tested it in the system it worked just fine with no issues. Not sure how to fix this.
Hi

I will let you know the outcome, I have sent pictures to corsair hydro x team and is just awaiting a reply, I installed the block back on there today to take the pictures but still wont post.

thanks a lot Corsair GregX for the quick response and reply from the hydro x team very grateful for that :)

thanks
Old 06-04-2020, 11:32 PM
nerdballer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1049346
nerdballer Reputation: 10

Wow, that's very interesting that two people with this GPU are seeing the same issue. Would have thought it was a one-off...
Old 06-08-2020, 08:37 AM
Toony's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1049769

this is reply from corsair if anyone else has this issue

. (Corsair)
Jun 8, 2020, 5:29:29 AM PDT

Thank you for your patience.

Please accept my apologies for the late reply. I had to contact our engineering team for advice and was waiting for their reply.

We are really sorry to inform you, that ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Evo graphic card is not compatible with XG7 water block due to some components differing from the Founders Edition graphic cards. Thus, ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Evo graphic card has already been removed from the Hydro X compatibility list.

Please contact your retailer for the refund. If your retailer does not provide assistance, please attach a copy of your invoice, and we will help you out.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,