Corsair Community

LED Profile lost on shutdown

D3w4yne

I think I may have a bug to report.

It seems that everytime I power my system down, the next time I boot up the LED settings have been changed. If I have manually set the LED to a fixed color (in this case blue) the next time I boot the LED's are always set to green.

If I choose a color changing scheme, the colors will always be reset to something else.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Corsair Link 1.2.3.0

Lighting Node firmware 1.1.9

I have reinstalled the software. I have even reinstalled the OS due to another project, but the problem exists in both installations.

Dewayne

Use the two small buttons on the Light unit to set what fixed color (or not on) you want to have before the program is started and the profile has been loaded. It seems that the profile thats made with the program is not saved to the hardware at all. That's what I have found when I'm struggling with this.

I've got the same problem, actually it's not really a biggie for me, but I wonder where that profile is stored if it is stored at all. It most certainly isn't in the xml.

I hope Corsair will publish some more detailed information on how things are supposed to work soon, that will make it easier to figure out whether something may be a bug, or a pilot error or whatever.

I still think this is a product with incredible potential, and to be honest I don't really mind a few glitches, I just hope Corsair will want to work with "us" to iron it all out so this will become the Rolls-Royce of the cooling controllers. I lost count on how many things I've tried in the past, nothing really works as good as CorsairLink could be.

Archived