Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2019, 01:04 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026595
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Well, the splitters can be functional but still be wrong.

The most important question of the three was to check if the splitters have 4 connectors on each fan connection. You've not answered that. I suggested the Rosewill splitters because I know that they do. This, by the way, is wrong. Only one of the fans should have pin 3 (RPM/tach) connected. If both are connected, you'll get the tach signals interfering with each other.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 12-07-2019, 11:32 AM

POST ID # = 1026632
falcon7370 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Well, the splitters can be functional but still be wrong.

The most important question of the three was to check if the splitters have 4 connectors on each fan connection. You've not answered that. I suggested the Rosewill splitters because I know that they do. This, by the way, is wrong. Only one of the fans should have pin 3 (RPM/tach) connected. If both are connected, you'll get the tach signals interfering with each other.
I checked into what you have said, and on each splitter, one of the fan connectors has 3 pins, and on the other it has 4 pins. That being said, is there anywhere I can download the previous release of iCUE to test and see if the update caused any sort of issue? That would allow me to eliminate the possibility at least since I upgraded around the same time the issues started happening (rig has been up and running for 8 months with no issues).
Old 12-07-2019, 12:23 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026636
DevBiker Reputation: 88

The download would be https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_{Version Number Here}_release.msi

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 12-07-2019, 02:41 PM

POST ID # = 1026658
falcon7370 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
The download would be https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_{Version Number Here}_release.msi
I re-installed version 3.21.88 and unfortunately that did not seem to work. At this point, I am wondering if I should RMA the Commander Pro, as it really seems the issue is stemming from the tach pin on Port 4, as the issue persists no matter what I plug into that port; fans will not ramp up from 0RPM, or ramp down to 0RPM on that port, whether it is a split fan or not. All other ports are fine.

Last edited by falcon7370; 12-07-2019 at 02:45 PM.