Corsair Community

CPU 8 Pin Power Cable Compatible?

Cal0

First post to the forums so I don't know if this is in the right area or not :o:

So, basically I want to upgrade my system, I got it about a year ago but nearly all of the stuff inside is a bit old (5-6 years) so I was thinking of upgrading to a Ryzen since I have an FX cpu. So when my motherboard and cpu arrived there was an 8pin connector on the motherboard:615973742_MOBO8PINConnector.thumb.jpg.ff33cc8e43af3a0863176ea9f8e854d0.jpg

I found out that I had another 4pin connector for my cpu and so I attached them both to make a 4+4 pin connector:

1124043190_44CPUConnectorCS750M.thumb.jpg.4a4b839ab945e964ceda87749ed47f2d.jpg

Would this work if I connected it to the motherboard? Thanks for anybody who can help!

Edited by Cal0

The EPS12V cable is usually able to be split into ATX12V for the older 4-pin and together they make up the full 8-pin.

Most motherboards today have a single 8-pin EPS12V cable but elite boards may have a secondary ATX12V or EPS12V connector for additional current

The CS750M should have the cables for one 8-pin EPS12V

The EPS12V cable is usually able to be split into ATX12V for the older 4-pin and together they make up the full 8-pin.

Most motherboards today have a single 8-pin EPS12V cable but elite boards may have a secondary ATX12V or EPS12V connector for additional current

The CS750M should have the cables for one 8-pin EPS12V

Okay, thank you for that! I was hoping that I wouldn't have to get another cable. I was using the older ATX12V 4pin for my old motherboard and using the other 4pin they make up the 8pin EPS12V cable that I can use for my new one.

Okay, thank you for that! I was hoping that I wouldn't have to get another cable. I was using the older ATX12V 4pin for my old motherboard and using the other 4pin they make up the 8pin EPS12V cable that I can use for my new one.

Don't mix cables from different PSUs.

Don't mix cables from different PSUs.

I'm not mixing cables with another PSU, I only have one. I got the PC second hand so I don't have any extra cables for the PSU. The other 4 pin I was talking about is already attached to the PSU

Edited by Cal0
Missing info