Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2019, 12:54 PM
wyzard49's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026254
wyzard49 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Link show 1 or 7 Temps spiking repeatedly 127C to 0C

A couple of months ago I decided to do something about the CPU temperature, which originally showed at 28C on startup 4 years ago, but over the years has creeped up to 36-38C. The Corsair community suggested reapplying the thermal compound to my liquid cooler... which worked great and the CPU temp was back down to 27-28C!
A couple weeks ago I had some issues with a couple of fans starting to go bad. Yesterday I got them replaced. I fired up the Corsair Link and I noticed the following under the heading Asus Maximus Extreme VI.
There are 7 temperature monitor points for the MOBO
Temp #1 26C
Temp #2 29C
Temp #3 26C
Temp #4 30C
Temp #5 48C
**Temp #6 This is the reason for the post. It spikes at 127C for a second and then 0C for 2-3 seconds, repeatedly.
Temp #7 36C
All the other temperatures are steady.

I'm not sure who to question about how to understand what is causing the Temp #6 spiking.
Is there a way to find out what the ASUS MOBO monitor points are. Maybe I have something blocked or covered.
I have extra external filters that I clean monthly and I open the PC up monthly and vacuum it .
I am putting the same question to the ASUS site. This may be what the Corsair Link does if there is no Temp #6 monitor info. I just never noticed if this ever happened before.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions. This Maximus Extreme VI was my first PC build and even though it is about 4-5 years old I still love this beast a lot.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2019, 03:13 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026271
DevBiker Reputation: 88

The motherboard sensors are notoriously inaccurate. Asus, especially, will have "ghost" sensors with bogus readings. And this one is definitely bogus.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks