Corsair Community

iCUE 3.19 System Interrupts High CPU Usage

momorious

Mine was less than 2% and not readily identifiable from the task manager. However, it became very apparent when playing games with higher CPU loads and not necessarily high GPU loads, like MMOs and the like. Regardless, I used something like Time Spy 12 to run the CPU benchmark and when it comes back 33% different each time, you know something is wrong. These system interrupts (visible or not) are likely to cause unexpectedly large frame drops in otherwise steady gaming. In game benchmarks may reveal it as well, with strange high latency spikes or odd FPS drops to extreme low levels.

You need to be looking in Resource Monitor for the Interrrupts. Shortcut to Resource Monitor from Task Manager - select the "Performance" Tab>Open Resource Monitor link (down the bottom left). Now, from Resource Monitor, change to the "CPU" tab and you should see "System Interrupts" within the "Process" (top) list.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The presence (or not) of a specific System Interrupt % does not indicate whether or not this will be an issue for you. That % is relative to the CPU structure/model and does not give any sense as to to the resulting delay or latency. My system interrupt % was low, but the resulting delays were large and performance was heavily impacted. Ultimately it is performance rather than some efficiency metric that matters. You will likely feel and see the effects when playing if this is a problem and those with RGB RAM should take stock of things.

I'm experiencing similar issues on my Ryzen system. 2 Threads have a constant high CPU usage. Even with v3.18.77.

As soon as I close iCue, usage drops significantly. I'm sure it would drop even further if I also killed the remaining background services.

It is most likely not the issue discussed in this thread.

This is the exact same issue I had. Logs indicated the issue was with my NVIDIA driver or my HD audio driver. Clean reinstalls, removing drivers in safe mode, and disabling hardware in Device Manager did not help. Rolling back to iCUE 3.18.77 is what finally resolved the issue.

I don't know if it's related, but I noticed that one of my CPU core was running close to 100% and it was hardware interrupts, not a process.

I ran Latency Monitor and it was showing high latency with NVIDIA driver and HD audio.

I tried updating all drivers, downgrading, even BIOS update/downgrade.

I didn't think it could be iCUE, but I uninstalled it, rebooted and no more hardware interrupts taking one core of my CPU.

Now Latmon no longer shows latency issue with Nvidia drivers and audio.

I'm not seeing anything unusual.

And so that is one of my unresolved questions. Does this only affect Corsair RGB RAM? Or any RGB RAM? Not really able to tell through mixed postings and incomplete hardware listings.

Rather than try and pick it out of the system graphs, it may be easier to see (if it exists at all for you) by running a game benchmark you know, especially something that is a little more CPU heavy. An example is the Assassin's Creed Odyssey benchmark. My typical measured latency in that is 11-13ms. When on 3.19 it went off the scale and hit as high as 200ms. When you see the graph and a mass of scribbly lines where there should be none, you know something is up.

Heya

Just did the latest CUE update and immediately i get low fps and stutter.

CPU and GPU doesnt act strange. Only game performance impact.

Is this related ?

System :

CPU :Intel - Core i7-6700K

CPU Cooler -Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard - Asus - MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151

Memory Corsair - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB

Peripherals :

Keyboard : Corsair - K70 LUX RGB

Mouse : Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS

PS :

I can confirm i dont have any stutter and fps problems after i uninstall icue and wipe registry.

Edited by SuNSe7

Heya

Just did the latest CUE update and immediately i get low fps and stutter.

CPU and GPU doesnt act strange. Only game performance impact.

Is this related ?

System :

CPU :Intel - Core i7-6700K

CPU Cooler -Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard - Asus - MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151

Memory Corsair - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB

Peripherals :

Keyboard : Corsair - K70 LUX RGB

Mouse : Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS

Yup, you have an Intel CPU and Corsair RGB RAM.

Wow, what hot garbage software and company is this?

This new update just literally killed my games and cut my fps by almost HALF.

6700k and Corsair RGB ram, and seems this combo is the source.

Wow, what hot garbage company releases such crap software like this? Your LINK was terrible and from the 90s. iCue is nothing more than some intern level coding job. With a update that literally kilsl peoples FPS. All from a software that is just meant to CONTROL LIGHTS! Mind blowing.

Thanks. Now I must revert down and will never make sure I never update again.

Sigh. Stick to hardware. Hire better coders for your software, thanks.

EDIT: revert back to 3.18 whatever, problem solved. gsync and fps back to normal. fix ur crap software.

Edited by KilrBe3

Same problem here. Took me forever to find out what caused the stuttering.

6700k, Corsair Vengeance RAM and GTX 1080

On top, my CPU clock speed is stuck at max and doesn't go down during idle. Not sure if this is related but does anyone else experience this too?

Edited by _Raven_

On top, my CPU clock speed is stuck at max and doesn't go down during idle. Not sure if this is related but does anyone else experience this too?

That's one of the symptoms, because the CPU is constantly hogged by those interrupts.

I know it's a long thread but if you are experiencing problems related to what this thread defines, you'd think you would at least read through it. Yes, a number of us are experiencing (and have posted about) permanent maximum boost.

Wow, what hot garbage software and company is this?

This new update just literally killed my games and cut my fps by almost HALF.

6700k and Corsair RGB ram, and seems this combo is the source.

Wow, what hot garbage company releases such crap software like this? Your LINK was terrible and from the 90s. iCue is nothing more than some intern level coding job. With a update that literally kilsl peoples FPS. All from a software that is just meant to CONTROL LIGHTS! Mind blowing.

Thanks. Now I must revert down and will never make sure I never update again.

Sigh. Stick to hardware. Hire better coders for your software, thanks.

EDIT: revert back to 3.18 whatever, problem solved. gsync and fps back to normal. fix ur crap software.

What a hero! You sir really impress me with your keyboard bravery {sarcasm} and the software does more than control lights.

Dang some hateful folks in this forum. Remember folks were all sharing the same hobby, can't we be friends? No need for fortnight banter. Oh well figure I would subject myself to it. I just ran into the exact same problem with the CPU interrupts. Not noticing much lag but def seeing the high single core usage which won't allow my CPU to clock down at idle. Hopeful someone finds a fix or workaround. I'll be waiting patiently in the corner for Corsair to fix the issue.

While I can see a lot of people are having problems with this version, I did want to share some positive news about the 3.19.120 iCue release that was a first for me. I've been trying for weeks to find a way to get iCue to recognize my Corsair RGB modules on this "new-ish" build so I could change them away from the default "rainbow swirl" lighting scheme.

I *DO* have a 4x8GB set of the Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB modules (the DDR4-3000 CL15 ones) in this rig along with an i9 9980XE processor sitting on top of an ASRock x299 Overclock Formula (OCF) board.

This was the first version of the iCue software that was able to "see" the Corsair Dominator RGB modules at all. I've tried several BIOS versions old and new. With 1.60 BIOS and SPD Write Enable turned on in the PCH IO Advanced menu, as soon as I installed 3.19.120 it saw the modules. It also saw there was a firmware update available for them and successfully applied it - and I was also able to configure the lighting on the modules.

So I do look forward to the updated release that fixes the interrupt issues -- evidently by the reports here I have the right mix of hardware to be afflicted by it -- but I am also glad to see progress is being made in getting the RGB modules to be detected on my board.

BTW in case anyone else is wondering, after updating the firmware, back-leveling to 3.18.77 didn't work -- I tried restoring to the "never had iCue installed" backup I started my experiment with and installing 3.18.77 -- but just the updated firmware wasn't enough for 3.18.77 to see them, it had to be 3.19.120 for iCue to detect the modules and allow me to configure their lighting on my ASRock X299 OCF.

ICue doesn't show me anything under Timings though, if that is supposed to be showing me Timings specs for these modules I guess that isn't working yet with my ASRock X299 OCF mobo.

Glad to at least be able to configure the lighting and will keep fingers crossed that good things happen with updates.

Cheers,

RetroRambler

Edited by RetroRambler

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-18-77.shtml

Here is a link to the last version if anyone wants to try and revert. I was unable to get the revert to work as the app would crash shortly after launch. Probably some old files from the newer version. I'll try again when I have more time to clean up the uninstall of the latest version and try this install again.

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-18-77.shtml

Here is a link to the last version if anyone wants to try and revert. I was unable to get the revert to work as the app would crash shortly after launch. Probably some old files from the newer version. I'll try again when I have more time to clean up the uninstall of the latest version and try this install again.

You need to delete the Corsair folder in 'Users/xxxx/AppData/Roaming' then relaunch iCUE.

i do not see any of these problems with 3.19.

I also started using the default usb polling rate (125Hz) for keybord (K75 rapid) and my mouse (G502 Logi). This looks to be alot better for the complete usb system.

This overpolling is just BS. In fact it is counterproductive.

Edited by cplifj