Corsair Community

7 fans on commander pro ?

mrshrir

I want to add another fan to commander pro

That will make 7 , this is a fan I want controlled on the commander , it’s an additional fan I am adding to a gpu rad for push pull , so I want the fan curve to be the same as the existing fan on the radiator

Can you run 2 fans off one 4 pin connection on the commander , with a splitter ?

Yes, 2 way splitters are usually not an issue. Total C-Pro 12v amp limit is still 4.5A (that should be out of reach), but also watch out for per header current. Stay below 1.0A on each header and really under 0.90A to be safe. Not that many fans use more than 0.30A per fan motor, but there are a few.

another question i would like to ask, is running another fan (evga) with a LL 120 as push pull on a gpu radiator a good idea ? i dont want to waste this fan, and im sure with 2 fans you get better temps than just one ?

if they are running at the same rpm. is this a problem ?

With a GPU on a 120mm radiator? Might be worthwhile. Last time I did this the improvement was 2-4C in GPU/coolant temp on the little rad. While not worth much on a 135W TDP CPU with larger surface area, a small radiator with a 300W+ component may show more change. As for the mixed fan types, you'll have to play that by ear -- literally. Sometimes certain fans combine well. Others times not. If same speed does not sound right, you can also push one or the other up/down and see how that works. Shouldn't see any real issues until you are about 200 rpm apart. Then you typical hear some extra undesirable noise.